Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer Head Sculpts

I noticed on the Saga checklist that these two figures have different "Head Sculpts". What does this mean? The Database has no information about this.

Yeah, they have different head sculpts. Different hair colors, too. That's the only difference, and you can only tell by looking closely at the figures which one you have. And both versions are different from the POTJ versions released over a year ago.
    Who's scruffy-lookin'?

My Collection

Let me elaborate on my original question. As a collector, I am more inclined to purchase what I consider to be different "versions" as opposed to different "variations". Versions include Episode I Battle Droids (4), POTJ Scout Troopers (Clean and Dirty), and the most recent Saga Battle Droids (White and Red) and Endor Rebel Soldiers (Bearded and Shaven). Variations include the hundreds posted in the Database, such as POTF2 Boba Fett (Full and Half Circle) and Luke Jedi (Black and Grey Vests). Which of these two categories, variation or version, would you guys consider these two figures to fall under? Since I have yet to see them for myself, I have no way of making a determination. Thanks.

I have both versions of each of these figures, so I'll give you the lowdown. The new SAGA Imperial Officers and Rebel Troopers have 2 versions of headsculpts. It's a great idea and I hope Hasbro keeps these 2 shipping for a while.

I consider the 2 versions of Imperial Officers 2 different figures, because they are.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I consider the 2 versions of Imperial Officers 2 different figures, because they are.
    Well said, these are two different figures, as the Rebel Fleet Trooper (Tantive IV Defender) or the Endor Rebel Trooper are different figures.
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by My young Padawan
    Let me elaborate on my original question. As a collector, I am more inclined to purchase what I consider to be different "versions" as opposed to different "variations". Versions include Episode I Battle Droids (4), POTJ Scout Troopers (Clean and Dirty), and the most recent Saga Battle Droids (White and Red) and Endor Rebel Soldiers (Bearded and Shaven). Variations include the hundreds posted in the Database, such as POTF2 Boba Fett (Full and Half Circle) and Luke Jedi (Black and Grey Vests). Which of these two categories, variation or version, would you guys consider these two figures to fall under? Since I have yet to see them for myself, I have no way of making a determination. Thanks.
    They are versions not variations. I think of them like the bearded and shaven Rebel. Does that answer your question?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Picked up the blonde Imperial Officer at walmart today
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

Thanks for answering my question everybody. I'll keep my eyes open for all four of these figures now.

Just to fill you in in the future, variations are figures that ship in a specified number of cases. Different figures ship in the same numbers. Since both versions of the Rebel Fleet trooper and the Imperial officer ship in the same numbers in the same case, they are not technically variations. Just a little advice in the future.

Did the POTJ Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer come in one or two versions? I only remember seeing one version of each. I certainly don't remember ever seeing a POTJ Imperial Officer (Blonde).