Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Jedi Points Promotion?

Looking over at the UK Star Wars Hasbro Site (HasbroJedi.co.uk),I was reading along and came upon the following

Many collectors in the UK have asked what the SW Jedi Master Points on the product packaging by the bar code can be used for.

To update everyone these points were part of a US promotion that was run during last year and are not applicable in the UK.

Apologies to all collectors in the UK, but as we try and bring you all US lines we are not necessarily able to run with all marketing activity.
    Which was followed up by this article..

As I mentioned in a previous response the US were running a promotion on Hasbro SW products during 2002. This related to the SW Jedi Points near the bar code on every Hasbro product.

These points could be collected and redeemed against specific SW items in the Hasbro range. The promotion was only applicable in the US and was not run elsewhere in UK or rest of Europe.

As also stated earlier we endeavour to bring fans all the toy line from US and are not able to run all marketing activity.

No other details are available.
    What promotion?I thought I was pretty up on news.Either Hasbro Jedi made a mistake or I was hiding under a rock somewhere
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

News to me, but there are going to be a lot of upset people now!
    May the force be with You!!!!!

Um... we didn't get one either, so either we missed it or Hasbro UK is pulling stuff out of it's Bantha to give the U.S. a bad name cause we're getting figures from the UK before the UKers.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I emailed Hasbro about it and got the following response.Looks like Hasbro Jedi messed up or Hasbro US has no clue

Hi A-----,

The Points you have inquired about are not part of an active promotion at this time.

We want you to know that by having Points on the packaging, it gives us the flexibility to explore conducting events or promotions in the future.

We appreciate your interest.
    Discussion Thread
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I don't think they will ever do anything with the points, myself. It's a shame too, I remember when I was a kid collecting the seals to send off and get those special figs!
    May the force be with You!!!!!

They've been saying that for quite awhile, they love to yank our chains.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I have been griping a long time about these so called "Jedi Master points." Right now, I have about 800 of them. Like I have said before, it is not right to call them "points" when they are not worth anything. Geez...it would be nice to just get a t-shirt with our points...ANYTHING! It is not fair at all!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Hasbro is so full of BS. When can we ever believe anything they say? They remind me of the government, when they answer a question they talk awhole lot, but never say anything.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)