View Poll Results: What genre of Star Wars games do you prefer best?

Voters
315. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strategy (i.e. Star Wars Rebellion, etc.)

28 8.89%
  • Shooter (i.e. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, etc.)

113 35.87%
  • Simulation (i.e. TIE Fighter, etc.)

76 24.13%
  • Action (i.e Rogue Leader, etc.)

75 23.81%
  • Other (i.e. anything that dosen't fit the above)

23 7.30%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    PF, I think they have a stand-up, but no more sit-down version of it at Disneyland. I've considered buying either version from time to time, but whenever the opportunity arises, I don't have enough money. Besides the towers, there were also the ground-based turrets which could be considered another section, but basically you got them all. I loved shooting Vader's TIE over and over as it plummetted towards the Death Star for extra shields.

Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
    the pod racer game in the "other" category since it would be classified as a racer.
    I have Podracer for N64 and it seems like a Sim to me. It is a racer, but it's not like that kooky kart racer, it moves like a simulated podracer and can even be converted to 2-stick controls.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So, I'm watching that "Starcade" gameshow on G4 TV this afternoon ... and one of the games they end up playing is Star Wars. Very nice.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I have Podracer for N64 and it seems like a Sim to me. It is a racer, but it's not like that kooky kart racer, it moves like a simulated podracer and can even be converted to 2-stick controls.
    True, but I'm basing my opinions on the basic definitions of what defines a Racing game from a Training Sim game.

Training Simulation
    Games or programs which attempt to simulate a realistic situation, for the purpose of training, and usually the development of some physical skill such as steering (as in driving and flight simulators). This term should not be used for simulations which focus on management (see Management Simulation) or the employment of strategy (see Strategy). These games can range from realistic simulations used by institutions, such as those used to train astronauts, tank drivers, or airline pilots, to simplified gamelike approximations of them used mainly for entertainment, such as Police Trainer or A-10 Attack.

Racing
    Games in which the objective involves the winning of a race, or the covering of more ground than an opponent (as in Slot Racers). Often these games involve driving skills and can also be cross-listed with Driving. One-player games can be considered Racing if there are other computer-controlled cars or vehicles competing on the race track, however if they are not competitive and act only as obstacles, use Driving.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Ha ha, there he goes with his list of what makes a video game a certain type of video game again.
    Back and more bearded than ever before