Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Time Line Question

In ESB how long did Luke spend on Dagobah? He trained pretty quick compared to the Jedi in the new trilogy. The new trilogy shows Jedi taking years to train. Luke did it in the matter of ?????????????????
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

the falcon didn't have an operating hyperdrive. it could've taken han and leia days to make bespin. so that gives luke about a week with yoda and possibly a couple of days with ben. who would've thought such a whiny little punk would be such a quick learner.

This was covered in the following thread: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...=&postid=42602

I still think 6 weeks.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Time Line Question

Originally posted by kidhuman
    In ESB how long did Luke spend on Dagobah? He trained pretty quick compared to the Jedi in the new trilogy. The new trilogy shows Jedi taking years to train. Luke did it in the matter of ?????????????????
    And he did it all without learning about Midichlorians! That's real talent!

Re: Re: Time Line Question

Originally posted by stillakid
    And he did it all without learning about Midichlorians! That's real talent!
    midi chlorians are merely a measure of ones potential force sensitivity, they don't seem to have any influence on how adept one is at training in the ways of the force........

Besides, even GL has forgotten about them.....why can't you?

Arrow Re: Re: Re: Time Line Question (fa la lala la, lala la la)

Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
    midi chlorians are merely a measure of ones potential force sensitivity, they don't seem to have any influence on how adept one is at training in the ways of the force........

Wait; you mean that knowing my GPA in school doesn't make me smarter? Wha-?!?

I think Luke was on Dagobah for 3 weeks. The Falcon was on the asteroid for a couple days before it left, it took about 16 days to "limp" to Bespin sans hyperdrive, a couple days on Cloud City, then the Imperials arrive to capture the Rebels. Just my opinion, no facts to support. Unless you count this website: http://allSWquestionsansweredfora5mi...ullible/sheesh
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Time is such a hard thing to tell in movies. Certianly this one when it follows two differnt plots.

Regardless how long Luke was on Degobah, I'm sure he didn't get the full Jedi training treatment. More like the "Cliff Notes" version. Yoda clearly tought him many things, as did Ben. However, there was no logical way he could of learned everything a Padawan learns in his/her 20+ years of training. Quick study or not, it's not possible. Yoda tought Luke what he needed to know. Except for the "Force Lightning" thing, Yoda and Ben must of forgot to tell Luke that Palpy could do that .

How do we know that Luke doesn't know about midicloriants? We didn't see every single word of wisdome Ben and Yoda shared with Luke. We saw the important ones, but how important are midicloriants to Lukes destiny? Not important at all. I doubt Ben or Yoda had a handy dandy midi counter just lying around either.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Okay I read the other thread on the issue. But you also have to account for Luke getting to Bespin as well .How long was Cloud City from Dagobah? That would also have to cut into Lukes training with the fact of getting ready and hyperdriving it over there. I always thought that he was there for about 2 weeks. But, how did he "crash" and learn all the information that took all other Jedis atleast a decade to learn?

Even if you count the 6 months between ESB and ROTJ that gives him less than one year total.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Re: Re: Time Line Question

Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
    I take a sadistic pleasure in twisting the knife of inconsistency.

Or to put it another way, in a hundred to one long shot, I hope that when he puts together his Super Duper Nifty Edition of the Star Wars Saga on DVD, instead of raiding the original films to wrest them into continuity submission with the Prequels, he'll instead use his new CGI Superpowers to fix the Prequels. Surely by now he's gotten the clear message that more people love(d) the original films better than they have taken to the new ones. Why fix the piece that ain't broke? That's like having a car with a flat tire, then changing the other three to match the flawed one.

well, everybody seems to focus on the fact that Luke couldn't have possibly learned all he needed to know to become a Jedi because the Padawan's in the Prequals took more than a decade to reach full Jedi status. but listen to this theory...the Jedi religion is extinct. yoda knew he only had a little bit longer to live (definitely not 10 years or more) ben had to give himself to the Force to be with Luke at all times. so, that leaves little time for yoda to train luke so he basically coulda trained him in a new form so that he would at least have some kind of knowledge and everyone knows that if you have some kind of knowledge about something, you can pretty much teach yourself the rest if you try. luke learned the bare mimimum to get his feet wet and basically took the title of Jedi after yoda died and he defeated the last two dark Jedi's. he was then able to access hidden records to finish his training and become a master and rebirth the Jedi's.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.