Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Homey don't play dat!

In 1990, Keenan Ivory Wayans was able to build upon the mild box office success of "I'm Gonna Get You, Sucka!" by creating a new sketch comedy show for Fox, "In Living Color." For five seasons, Wayans and his talented cast created a number of memorable characters including Herman Simpson, better known as Homey The Clown. Damon Wayans portrayed the ex-con turned petulant entertainer, with his balding red hair, baggy yellow and orange clown suit with large pompom buttons and oversized shoes. Nine years after the ground-breaking show left the airwaves, Damon and Keenen Ivory Wayans will team together to bring “Homey The Clown” to the big screen in 2004.

How quickly has this project come together? The screenplay, co-written by the Wayans brothers along with “Major Payne” co-scribe Dean Lorey, was turned into the Fox brass ten days ago, March 28, and the Wayans already have a green light to begin shooting in Los Angeles starting in May. The story will follow Homey as he takes a job at the City of Angels Children Center, an inner city children's shelter, run by the beautiful Denise Parsons. Homey’s nemesis, The Man, will take physical form in D.A. Mann, a self-serving, smarmy district attorney currently running for Mayor. It was Mann who helped Homey get this job working at the shelter and promised major funding for the center to Denise, but Mann is far more interested in raising his polling than he is in the children's welfare, and threatens to cut off the funding when he realizes he’s just not getting enough good spin out of the announcement. Will Homey be able to save the Center and get Denise to fall in love with him?

YIKES! This is starting to sound like a bad SNL skit stretched out to feature length, isn’t it? We certainly hope not, especially from the brain trust that brought us Men on Film, the Homeboy Shopping Network, the Loomis Simmons Psychic Line, The Wrath of Farrakhan, Tom and Tom The Brothers Brothers and Three Champs and a Baby. At least we know it can’t be worse than “The Ladies Man,” right? Right?

”Homey The Clown” Scorecard
    Director: Keenen Ivory Wayans
    Writers: Dean Lorey, Damon Wayans, Keenen Ivory Wayans
    Producers: Rick Alvarez, Keenen Ivory Wayans
    Casting Director: Mali Finn
    Production Start Date: May 2003
    Shooting Locations: Los Angeles
    Distributor: 20th-Century Fox
    Film Jerk

There is no God.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

In dispite what alot of other people are going to think, I have just decided that this is by far the greatest news i heard all day!

In Living Color is one of the best comedy shows ever, I really hope they don't screw this up.
    I dont want to sell you death sticks, i want to go home and rethink my life.

Dear Jesus God no...nononoonononononononoonononononono......so, is THIS why we haven't gotten "In Living Color" on DVD yet?!?!?! They're too busy writing a horrible horrible movie and not worried about the DVD legacy of the series. Argh!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

This should have remained in development hell where it's been festering for the past decade.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

YES YES !!!!!!!! I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! There IS a GOD!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

The man tells Homie that a tie is required to eat in this establishment.

Homie says, "Man, you better get that d*** tie out of my face 'fore I kick your a**!"

The man did not do as Homie requested, so Homie was forced to keep his word.
    Man, this rules!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Obviously, they haven't learned the Divine Rule of SNL:
    ThouShaltNot turn a five minute sketch into a feature length movie.

I've a funny anecdote about Homey the Clown, but it might get me and other forum members banned, so I shant repeat it here.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I'm sure Homey will give "It's Pat" a run for its lack of money.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

wow, I shudder to think how bad that flick is gonna be, if it actually makes it to the theaters.

Man, I loved In Living Color, but are the Waynes hurting that much for cash that they are going to pump this out???? I wonder if Jim C will make an appearance as the Fire Marshal? Or the work out chick...

Don't they realize that spin off movies from comedy shows are the kiss of death?

I think the only exception to this was Waynes World. Dana C. fell into that abyss of bad movies and Meyers went on to fame...well some might call Austin Power fame and fortune...

This could be as bad as an Opera Man movie...or anything more with Spade in it...

Someone should write this idea down and mail it to me back in 8th grade, when I might have cared.

This would be like if Dan Akryod and Jane Curtin decided to do a Coneheads movie 15 years after it was popul......Oh.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis