Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Another Exclusive Figure ??

I was browsing on another site and I came across some information that there was (possibly) going to be another exclusive figure released at the MEXICON City Collectors event:

It mentioned that it would have the same run as the Lucas figure, it would be a ROTJ figure, metalized and on the same type card as Vader and R2. ALso, it mentioned that it would be released later to everyone.

Any truth to this rumor -- and are there any speculations as to who it may be?

Boba Fett, Emperor, Han in Carbonite, Royal Guard???

My hope would be a cool version of an old ANAKIN SKYWALKER!!
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

I heard the same rumors too, but not about the metallic deco.

The banners from the convention had an image of the Yak Face figure on them, so I'm wondering if that will be the figure, but I'm only guessing.

I also did read or hear that it would be available at a later date through some other vendors, like the fan club or some one else.

But I'm sure we'll see something or more information soon enough.

On another thread, someone told something about another Yak Face figure for Mexico...no need at all...how about Dannik Jerriko??
    "I'm ready for anything."
    [font=courier]Luke Skywalker[/font]

"Tell me my Life is about to begin tell me that I'm a Hero!"
    [font=courier]Genesis, The Knife[/font]

Nah...forget about that!! If it's another Yak Face then at least that will make one exclusive that I won't bust my a** 4!!!
    "I'm ready for anything."
    [font=courier]Luke Skywalker[/font]

"Tell me my Life is about to begin tell me that I'm a Hero!"
    [font=courier]Genesis, The Knife[/font]

Man oh man, please let this be available through the fan club! And not on-line for a period of 10 minutes like the Silver Toy Fair Vader.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

funny thing is, I remember the starwars.com site talking about it a few months ago and the convention should have already taken place and I don't think anything has been revealed or mentioned since.

They made mention that the "exclusive" was to be an already released figure. If there was to be such an exclusive, I'm sure it would have surfaced right away on starwars.com or on ebay, but when I searched the database for the mexicon info, nothing came back.

Maybe the exclusive was scrapped?

Whoops, posted some bad info in the message above. Sorry.

I just did a searching and checked out the Rebscum page, and got the "iffy" info.

I have to admit I'm a little skeptical. They mention a run like Sacul, yet it will be available to the rest of the world later? They also made mention of the Toy Fair Vader being re-issued at some later date too on another card, and we all know how that turned out.

I know they had give aways in other parts of the world for sacul, but it was never made available within the US from an alternate source and if they are going to use the same production numbers, this might be another mess and ebay inflation bit.

But I won't put much stock into it till the convention hits or images show up of the figure.

Originally posted by tjovonovich
    They also made mention of the Toy Fair Vader being re-issued at some later date too on another card, and we all know how that turned out.
    No how did that turn out? The FC Vaders had the exact same cards.

I doubt it's Yakface, the figures they've done have had metal elements about them. I'd guess it's either a Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, Royal Guard, 3PO, or if you wanted to really stretch it a TIE Pilot.

I find the idea of the chrome figure pretty crappy, however from what I've read they're handing them out differently. They're being handed out in the packages that are given to you I guess when you give them your ticket, which is pretty cool, like how the Sacul's should've been handled. Sad that it takes Mexico to possibly get it right.

I think the rumored US release of it on a different card will mean a US card, cause since it's Mexico it'll likely be a trilogo card.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    No how did that turn out? The FC Vaders had the exact same cards.
    Way back when either the starwars site posted this or it was on the fan club site or some toy mag, but originally the toy fair vader was going to have a card exclusively for the toy fair...and here's the big and...AND it was rumored to be re-issued at a later date on a new card that didn't have the toy fair text on it.

Obiviously nothing ever came from that, and Hasbro later said it wasn't going to re-issue or re-card that figure.

I remember almost bidding on them until the fan club offered them, and I remember the fan club stating something about the figure being re-issued later on a differnt card. And your right, its same card and nothing more happened...I have a hunch this will be the same thing.

Hence, I don't by into any of the speculation at this point.

Yeah I read it to at RS, I'd be willing to bet it's going to be Boba Fett. For one thing we can count all human and aliens out. It has to be a droid or masked charactor, so I say it's Boba. I don't think it would be 3P0, because whats the point? A Stormy would be cool!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)