Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SE silver trilogy box set Widescreen help

Hi everyone,

Can anybody post a picture of this silver box set? I just won mine on ebay, but the actual vhs cassettes looks different from my fullscreen version. The widescreen tapes each have a white sticker on the top, a bar code sticker on the insert side, and ROTJ has an additional blue sticker on the title side. However, the fullscreen tapes don't have stickers, just silver lettering printed on black plastic. Just wondering if my widescreen set is real or fake. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Jerjerrod
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

I think the widescreen came in a silver box. I recently opened my gold box because the Wally world near my house has a bunch of wide screen sets in. I am gonna buy those in a few weeks.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

mine have the white barcode sticker on them as well, just not the blue sticker you talk of.

here's a pic, not the best but hopefully it's what you are looking for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture 43.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	5650  
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Hey DNA, that looks just like mine! I feel much better now that I know you have a real one. Thanks a lot for the pic. :happy:

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

No prob JerJerrod, glad you feel better! T'aint nothing worse than feeling you got jipped on ebay!

You'll dig this set I'm sure. Good interviews too w/Lucas.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I just checked, my ROTJ doesn't have a blue sticker either. Is it possible you have one of the tapes from the 2nd release of the SEs? You'd know from the extra content if nothing else, I believe.

Just curious, how much did you pay?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
    T'aint nothing worse than feeling you got jipped on ebay!
    I'm feelin jibbed at the mo. I won the Star Wars Trilogy VCDs on there and they've still not arrived . I'll give it till monday then will try and contact the seller. I'd be really urinated off if I don't get them!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I'm watching the widescreen Episode 4 as we speak to check for film quality (before I leave feedback). Keep in mind, only ROTJ has the blue stripe, so I'll let you know if that has more or less content. I hate the way he shipped it, no cardboard or newspaper or anything, just a padded envelope , so the slipcase was seriously damaged. Luckily the tapes look ok.

Btw, I paid $16 plus $6 shipping. The going rate is around $25, I think.

Here's a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trilogywidescreen.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	5654  

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

Originally posted by Jerjerrod
    I'm watching the widescreen Episode 4 as we speak to check for film quality (before I leave feedback). Keep in mind, only ROTJ has the blue stripe, so I'll let you know if that has more or less content. I hate the way he shipped it, no cardboard or newspaper or anything, just a padded envelope , so the slipcase was seriously damaged. Luckily the tapes look ok.

Btw, I paid $16 plus $6 shipping. The going rate is around $25, I think.

Here's a pic.
    Mine all have the barcode but not the blue stripe. GREAT deal on that, as the original price was about $40
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]