Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Upcoming Action Fleet: Jedi SF, Mon Cal Cruiser, A-Wing.

I'm the first person to post this? I feel honored.

http://starwars.hasbro.com/pl/page.r....116/dn/bh.cfm

wow, i particularly like the new paint job for the a-wing, very nice indeed.

i'm so glad that i accumulated tons of af figures in the past, cause i'm gonna need em to man these new vehicles.

the jedi star fighter looke quite nice with a good bit of detail, an added plus is that it appears that the canopy does indeed open, and will accomodate either an obi-wan (or even qui-gon) figure at the controls.

the mon cal is tough to tell from that photo as to the level of detail. i'm thrilled that i will be adding it to my collection of af capitol ships in the near future.

thanx for the heads up mogomra!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Not bad, I wish we would have gotten the hyperdrive ring to go with the Jedi Star Fighter.
    May the force be with you.

Looks better than the Accalamator class but overall eh. The A-wing isn't bad, gee they actually added something to the mold! They glued some extra cannon thing to the side of each connected cannon.

The Jedi Starfighter is...sad. I mean it looks great, probably because they just scaled down the Saga Jedi Starfighter designs to accomodate this. (Most noticeable in this are the nose cone same design, the hinging at the cockpit, and just overall detail)
    One thing I hate about this is that it further proves that Hasbro doesn't think of these as Action Fleet anymore, no way is a figure gonna snuggly fit in there. Look at it, it's bigger than the stand, and the stand's haven't been changed, had the slots not been removed you could easily put two figures in there. The JFS looks like you'd have to cram in 3-4 figures to get them to stay still. It's what the Accalamator class SHOULD have been.

The Mon Cal cruiser is dissapointing, so much detail they could put in but opted not too. Yes the black windows look sculpeted in a bit, but that's it? Black windows, smooth hull with some minor paint details? Where's the hull plating lines??
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Wink

The Mon Cal Liberty has a pretty good mold, the black windows aren't really "good looking" but they could be painted. I hope the other capital ships will be produced in the future.
    The blue "Mc Quarrie concept-art" A-Wing is a good surprise. The new guns looks cool.
    Here is a picture of the Ralph Mc Quarrie concept-art design of the blue A-Wing fighter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaawings.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	5659  

Thumbs down

I'm very excited about the Jedi Starfighter. But I'll skip the other two. I was somewhat hopeful for the Mon Cal Cruiser. But I see it as a bit of a disappointment. And I personally do not like the new A-wing colors at all. Althought it might just take some getting used too.

I plan to a buy case just to ensure I get a JSF as soon as possible, so when the time comes if anyone is willing to buy the other two ships from the case, lmk
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

Lightbulb

hmmmmmmm.......does anyone else think the Mon Cal Cruiser looks a bit like a smoother version of the Jedi Starfighter, just with a different paint job???? Because I do
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

okay, am I the only one that is wetting herself over the Mon Cal?

damn, u know how to whistle baby.......just put your lips together...

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

Talking

Not bad at all this Mon Cal cruiser !!!
    I want two, one for the "Liberty" and one for the "Maria" (the other winged MC-80 cruiser that suvived the Endor battle).
    Next, I want at least one "Home One" and one Defiance cruiser "Independance"... No, in fact I wish at least 6 "Defiance class" cruisers (the wingless "Liberty-like" cruisers seen in several shots of the battle of Endor)

with the upcoming Death Star, there will be numerous great battles in the toys universe !

I made a little work with Photoshop to see what should look like the Mon Cal cruiser with accurate colors and very detailed paintjob (not a toy anymore...) I'm curious to see what Code 3 company could make with these capital ships.
    Here is the texturing AF (153k) :
    http://www.sicqnus.com/options/textorzrenderMCAF.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Don't call me Indiana father.
    - God, why ?
    - It was the name of the dog...

sicqnus, I'd just like to again express my sincere thanks for all your contributions to this site.

the quality of information and inspiration in what you post here is amazing, and the time and effort you invest in doing so is recognized and deeply appreciated.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}