Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Chicagoland: Spring Summer 2003

Here's the new thread guys...PLAY NICE or I'll take away your toys!
    "I'm drinkin a soy latte, I get a double shot-ay, it goes into my bod-ay and you know I'm satisfied!"

doesn't anyone read this board anymore?
    "I'm drinkin a soy latte, I get a double shot-ay, it goes into my bod-ay and you know I'm satisfied!"

I do, since my company is now blocking rebelscum's forum.

why are they doing that?

I read all the time. I just haven't found a whole lot worth mentioning these days.
    Slow and steady doesn't win the action figure distribution race, but it sure makes the eBay idiots think they have ULTRA-, MEGA- RARE figures.

oh wait, I get it <dumb look>

Quick rundown as of my recent scouting:

TRU on Western Avenue (at Belmontish)-NADA
    They do have the 12" Leia as Boussh
    Target on Elston: Recently had new bike Anakin and Dooku but have been sold out. All basic figures are IDENTICAL as they have been placed for the last month or so.
    KB: Does have the 50% off sale going. I picked up my Republic Gunship and the Speeders. Nothing new though.

Good luck everyone. I hope that the can find them.

vader_62: I was at a Target downstate and saw 4 Ephant Mon's. I contemplated picking them up but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I knew the temptation to sell them for a ridiculiiously high price would be too much.

Sentinel, Thanks for the info. I managed to pick two up (1 to display, one to open) although neither was MOMC, they were acceptable. I guess I should change my sig. Just out of curiosity, what Target downstate. I may be traveling south in the next few days and I have a friend who still wants an Ephant, but he won't buy it from the secondary market. He doesn't want to pay anybody's "convienence" fees or shipping. He'll take it from me because I'll only charge the store price and I'll hand deliver it.
    Slow and steady doesn't win the action figure distribution race, but it sure makes the eBay idiots think they have ULTRA-, MEGA- RARE figures.

I lived in Granite City IL before moving up here. When you take I 55 down to St. Louis, you can pass by many. The best that I have found in the last few months were the Target in Edwardsville,, IL just off of 1-55 on Interstate 159 (North I believe). The FEW saga figures that I have found in 03 were all from Wal Marts in Edwardsville (by the Target), Litchfield (mile marker 62 on I 55), Fairview Heights, and Collinsville ( they had the library droids, but all smashed!!!). That's the best that I can do. I'll check next week and see if they are getting anymore. I'll pick them up if I see any. OK?

Thanks Sentinel, but don't worry about it. My friend was able to find one while he was in Florida last week. Kind of funny to find stuff while you are traveling. If you did find one and picked it up before I replied, I'll still take it. There is always a chance it is in better condition than the one I've got. Anyway, thanks again for the offer.