Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Just got back from Willow Rd. Target in Northbrook. Found 2 Anakin Swoop Bikes. I bought one and my friend bought one. There aren't any left. All they have on the pegs are 2 Anakin Speeders(Not Swoops), 15 Deluxe Geonosians, one screaming Mace, one Watto, one Hoth accessory set and one White Battle Droid on an opened and then resealed card. It was a pretty crappy re-seal job. Maybe, heaven forbid, Target is getting new stuff???? I expected all the old crap to be on the pegs with the sale they are having. I went up and down all the other aisles and didn't find anything.
    Slow and steady doesn't win the action figure distribution race, but it sure makes the eBay idiots think they have ULTRA-, MEGA- RARE figures.

I weant to Target in Joliet just now. I asked a woman to do a location check on the basic figures, she scans and says they just got some in today. She went and got a case, I couldn't believe my good luck! WRONG!!!!! She brought out the "new" case and guess what it was.......that damn SOB screaming Mace!!! It wasn't even worth me hiding all the Mace's because they just have cases of them in the back.......How annoying!

Ok, all my complaining paid off....I found Yoda/Padawan, Aayla Secura, Anakin and Red battle droid at Wal-Mart. Nothing of mention was left. I also went back and got the 2 for 5 deal from Target'a ad!

Found Tyrannus Geonosian Escape, Obi Acklay Battle, Anakin Secret Ceremony and Mace Arena Confrontation at Walmart on Rollins and 83 in Round Lake on Friday. (Sorry for the late notice my home computer is down.) There were two Anakins and Maces, but three Tyrannus and Obi. I left 1 Anakin, 1 Mace, 2 Tyrannus and 2 Obi-Wans. They were all pretty beat up. I suspect idiots trying to drive the value of the Ultra RARE MOMC super cool neat-o Ebay money makers. I can't believe Hasbro and/or Walmart shipping could've done all the damage, but it is possible.
    Slow and steady doesn't win the action figure distribution race, but it sure makes the eBay idiots think they have ULTRA-, MEGA- RARE figures.

I'd say 95% of the new figs I found have been damaged. Some very badly. Most of the idots who damage cards on purpose bend corners and what not. I've sceen so many of these damaged that there would have to be an army of these guys running all over the place. I'd like to think it's a hasbro problem, but since you and I live relatively near, it's possible that there is a band of idiots liveing and damagaing in our collectable back yards .

Sad to think, but sooner or later these will be common so no one is going to get stuck with a damaged one if they don't want it.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

My finds from Thursday were not "damaged". Two of them were nearly perfect, and the rest had very minor dings in the bubble or surface scratches on the card. Again, very minor, but if I find a perfect one, I'll either return or open the less than mint one.

Picked up Darth Tyranus tonight at Meacham Walmart...they had one Obi Wan left when I left. So now it must be official...if I have it, everyone else already does, right?
    "I'm drinkin a soy latte, I get a double shot-ay, it goes into my bod-ay and you know I'm satisfied!"

Nope, I don't have any of the latest wave. I don't have an Obi Wan, and the Tyranus I have is very damaged. I haven't had hardley any luck with the new waves. The stores just seem to be in a state of flux. I'm patient and they will come soon enough.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I haven't had any luck around here but my trip to St. Louis was awesome! Don't mean to rub it in your faces but I found lots down south! In Litchfield, I found Aayla Secura, Library Droids, and Lama Su. Then at Wal Mart in Granite City the next day, I found Boba Fett, R2D2, Mace Windu, and Anakin Skywalker. THEN the next day, I found the Deluxe Clone Trooper at KB Toys at the Galleria.

My faith has been restored...I have been healed!

Picked up Boba Fett at WallyWorld in Rolling Ghettos tonight and left two Tyranus.
    "I'm drinkin a soy latte, I get a double shot-ay, it goes into my bod-ay and you know I'm satisfied!"