Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ignorance must be bliss!

No need to respond to this...just feel as though a statement needs to be made.

It is so sad that some moderator here is too ignorant to determine the difference between a political statement and a non-political statement!

Someone thinks these forums should be an Autocracy...that is so sad.

It was clearly a political thread, and needed to be closed. The discussion of political and religious topics are off limits on the forums. Sir Steve has banned those topics from being discussed. And with good reason, due to all the bad blood it caused here.

It's for the good of the forums, as it removes the possibility of fights and trouble breaking out here over things people feel so strongly for. There are enough heated discussions about the Star Wars films themselves. But it never typically degenerates into hurt feelings and shouting matches.

If you don't like the rules, there are forums out there for the discussions of politics and religion. This is a private moderated message board run by Sir Steve. His rules are law, and the moderator's have little to no choice in making sure that those rules are followed. 'Nuff Said.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

People are arguing more often than not. For these reasons, and these reasons only, we will close/delete any political and religious threads that the new rule falls under.
    Political overtones + caused argument = Thread closed
    May the force be with you.

Of course ignorance is bliss, and Hasbro's in eternal bliss.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Okay, so what does everyone think about the liberated people of the Star Wars galaxy dancing in the streets after the cruel dictator, Emperor Palpatine, and his evil regime were destroyed?

That question is just as political, but I must be allowed to talk about it because it is Star Wars.

It is the same damn thing...I was drawing a direct comparison...like it or not, SW is a political movie and we should be able to "generally" discuss political topics/current events as they relate to SW. Hell, GL himself openly discusses the political aspects of SW...and even went as far as to say that decades from now people will look back at the 6 movies and see them as a political statement.

Why not just create a separate area for all political/semi-political posts to be made. Those who oppose political discussion can easily stay clear of that area!

So how 'bout it SirSteve? There are other USELESS (i.e., Misc: Other) forums here that could be changed for the purpose of "general political discussion".

To deny political discussion is to deny an essential aspect of SW.

Peace!
    Last edited by keith koth; 04-09-2003 at 06:32 PM.
    Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

Sir Steve has already said you can politics, in the movies themselves. Not using the events of the films, as a veiled relation to the current ongoing politics in real life.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Sir Steve has already said you can politics, in the movies themselves. Not using the events of the films, as a veiled relation to the current ongoing politics in real life.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Okay, but I still think that a "general political discussion" forum should be created.

I see SW as more than just a series of movies. I see it as an opportunity to learn about the potential pitfalls of society's decisions. Example: Cloning and the negative aspects of it.

We should be able to discuss these "real life" situations and draw comparisons between them and SW...If for no other reason than to perhaps educate ourselves and others.

But hey, who am I to suggest/request this...
    Eventually SSG will run us all off with their petty little rules/regulations regarding such "real life" issues.

And...no, I don't want to go discuss politics in some other forum on some other website. I want to discuss these issues here with my Star Wars loving peers.

Nope, you want to discuss politics take it to a site for the discussion of politics. A seperate forum section won't end the arguments, it will just stick them in a nice tinderbox to go up in flames. We've already seen it in the past with the most innocent of P&R threads.

This is Steve's website, he pays the hosting fees and runs the place. If he wants to ban the discussion of certain topics, then it's well within' his right to do so. If you want to pay his hosting fees from now on, and deal with the headaches then you can dictate what can happen here.

Just deal with it, there are things that won't be allowed here. Sex talk, Political talk, Religious talk, Racist talk. They are disallowed due to this site being an all ages site. There are rules everywhere you go. You have to deal with the ones that effect you. Like it or lump it, it's what's the best for the site.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ya can't stop, you can only hope to contain them.

But ya can ban them and they have been banned. I am waving at them right now from my window. Seriously they have caused an untold amount of problems. Thats why they were banned.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Okay, but I still think that a "general political discussion" forum should be created....But hey, who am I to suggest/request this...
    Oh, well why didn't you say so in the first place.

I think your just posting in the wrong area. Try here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...?s=&forumid=97

May the force be with you.