Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Score

We used to have a store called Starlog, that carried old and new sci fi stuff, but mostly Star Wars and Star Trek. I used to go their just to drool over the locked case of vintage toys!

So what happened to this guy, did he just decide that he had enough of SW, or did he die, and someone in his family wanted to liquidate his collection? I just can't part with my collection.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Re: Vintage Score

Originally posted by tjovonovich
    AT-AT with original EBS Box for 75.00
    I bought mine like that about 5 years ago or so for $150.00. Of course, it was prior to knowing that they would rerelease the AT AT or I would never have done it, although the vintage gun turrets are far superior I think.

Death Star Playset w/ original box for 79.00 its only missing a support post, but the foam garbage, dianoga, and stickers are still good.
    I bought one of these about 10 years ago from a comic show in Pasadena. Just had to have it. I think I paid $75 for it complete, no box.

The Cantina playset with the cardboad image in prime shape for 39.00, but no box.
    I must have bought this one at the same time as the Death Star Playset, though I have no idea how much I paid. It was complete and is still one of my favorite vintage items.

A vintage x-wing for 25.00
    My brother had one but I never did. Since the new ones came out, particularly the newest FX style ones, I haven't looked back.

A vintage "white" tie fighter with catalog for 25.00
    I've got one of these from a long time ago. Vague recollection of paying about $10 bucks for it. The wing stickers are bubbling and peeling up a little on the edges, but otherwise, it's kinda cool in contrast to the newer gray ones.

A vintage "charcole" black vader's tie for 29.00 w/ catalog
    I never got Vaders vintage TIE because I was always disappointed that it didn't look right. I was elated when the new sculpt came out. Even the green missiles looked kinda cool!

A landspeeder for 15.
    My first vehicle I ever bought. I think it was $10 bucks back in the day. I still have it, mint in the box along with the newer rerelease as well as the newest Saga edition.

Mill. Falcon for 65, but I think some pieces are missing like the remote on the string, and chess table, but the box is still in good condition.
    My second vehicle I ever got. Man, those things are big when you're a little kid! It seems to have shrunk a bit. Still have the box where it lives most of the time. I never did get the new release. I couldn't justify spending $50 for something that just had a new paint job...not to mention that the figures wouldn't really fit in it.

2 Droid Factory works for 35 a pop, but I'm sure some stuff was missing.
    I've always wanted one of these. I've lost a few Ebay auctions when the price went too high. I do have some self-control.

And some desert scene with a back drop of the streets of tatt. I don't remember that, but they wanted 85 for that piece.
    Never heard of it either.

Very recently I bought a Land of the Jawas, a Rebel Transport, one of the original display stands with backdrop, and several vintage figures that I never had. It's a great feeling to finally fill in some of the gaps, but the bank account isn't so happy.

Have fun with your new stuff!!!

Yea I don't know what happened to this guy who sold all his old stuff. The guys at the comic shop just said, he came in and said he had a collection to sell. He hauled all the old stuff in and w/o thinking 2X they bought it off of him.

The cantina playset I bought wed, and the death star playset I got last night. both need to be cleaned up a bit and I'm looking for a digital camera to use to take some photos.

Odds are the old vintage figures I had when I was a kid will go in the sets. Classic and new just don't mix.

I think next week I might fork over the big bucks for that street scene. Its bothering me why I don't know it.

I checked out Lee's price listing on the stuff, pull out my old toy collector catalog from the late 80's and I can't find this thing anywhere. I am starting to wonder if its not an old mail away or some sears or labells exclusive.

I might get that At=AT next week too, but I'll have to check that one over good. But in time I'm sure I'll pick off a large chunk of that guys old stuff.

Re: Vintage Score

Yesterday at my local comic shop the guys behind the counter were logging in a collection they just bought from some guy.

I was drooling.

In this collection was:

And some desert scene with a back drop of the streets of tatt. I don't remember that, but they wanted 85 for that piece.
    I think it could be a combination of the Land of the Jawas playset (came with a brown sand base, cardboard Jawa Sandcrawler, and light gray Escape Pod) and the Cantina Adventure Set (check page 205 of the Tomart's Price Guide to Worldwide SW Collectibles, 2nd ed., #TO4637) for a picture. It was from Sears, and basically was a cardboard background with the ellusive Blue Snagg figure, plus other SW figs Greedo, H.Head, and W.Man.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Re: Re: Vintage Score

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I think it could be a combination of the Land of the Jawas playset (came with a brown sand base, cardboard Jawa Sandcrawler, and light gray Escape Pod) and the Cantina Adventure Set (check page 205 of the Tomart's Price Guide to Worldwide SW Collectibles, 2nd ed., #TO4637) for a picture. It was from Sears, and basically was a cardboard background with the ellusive Blue Snagg figure, plus other SW figs Greedo, H.Head, and W.Man.

Right on the money as always...

I did a search and - yup- that's the ticket...

http://pages.map.com/starwars/searscan.html

It is the Adventure Set. W/o all the figures. I might have to wheel and deal on that since its technically incomplete

I'd gobble up that AT AT as fast as you can. The clear front guns are woth at least $25 each. With that box that thing is easily worth $100-115 on ebay. Not that you'd sell it, just that you'll never find it cheaper. The price of the death star seems a bit high since it wasn't all there. Still, I'm glad you got it since you've wanted it for so long.

I but those comic book guys were creaming in there pants when that guy walked in with his collection. Just wonder what they kept for themseleves? Just wounder how much they paid for it all?

I got a good score last weekend too. I got a sonic controlled Landspeeder complete with R2 remote for $35 from a collectable toy shop. It's great! I just so happened to run into Brian from Brians Toys that day too, and he said he'd of paid $50 for it and would value it at $110, and he thought it didn't work. It does work, so now I imagin it is worth around $150. What a score! I'm so glad. Now there are only 3 things on my list that will be hard to find and expensive (A Wing, Skiff, Sand Crawler). I know that's quite a list, but I have more than I need, so I am winning the battle .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

The death star play set was a little more than lee's listed loose price, and even if it was missing a support, to me the extra is worth it...plus I got the box. I got a deal on the cantina and I'm sure I'll get a little more a deal on some of the other stuff.

The AT-AT I probably will pick up later, but for some reason its not that big of a deal anymore. I always coveted that thing as a kid, but when I got my re-issue and assembled it, it didn't do much for me anymore. Not to mention the chin guns didn't light up on mine when I move them. Either a bulb is out, or I don't have a connection some place.

The AT-AT box is alittle beat up, and odds are need to be cleaned up a little bit too, but I'll check it out next wed when I go in for my comics. I do wish the falcon was complete. The remote on the string was the one thing I was hoping the new one would have had.

I don't think the comic guys kept anything for themselves. The owner doesn't get into star wars and the guys working there collect comics and not much else. I think what they got from the guy is out.

i9 - good luck with your hunt, those are some rare items. Growing up I didn't even know any kid that had any of that stuff.

Thanks. I've sceen all of them befor at differnt shows and what not, just never had the scratch to buy them.

I'm going to a big show at the end of the month. I've saved my pennys and have quite a "gangsters role" to spend. Not counting on finding any of those hard to find vehicles, but some of the more "common" ones shouldn't be a problem.

Like I said, I have more in the collection than I need. The tide is turing and soon I'll have it all. I'm down to one figure (Sise From), and only 14 vehicles and play sets. That may seem like a lot, but not when you consider how many there really are.

It just so happens the Death Star, Cantina Adventure Set, and the Creature Cantina are all on the list. I would have jumped on the later two, but passed on the Death Star. I need my things complete becasue it's not very much fun finding the parts. I had enough trouble with B Wing parts and that's a relativly common vehicle.

Oh well, good luck to all vintage collectors in this day and age. Things are always poping up .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Unfortunately, the "majority" of what I need to finish off the vintage collection includes mostly the most expensive of the action figures...most of the POTF coin figures, all the Ewoks figures, and most of the Droids line. sigh.

Originally posted by stillakid
    Unfortunately, the "majority" of what I need to finish off the vintage collection includes mostly the most expensive of the action figures...most of the POTF coin figures, all the Ewoks figures, and most of the Droids line. sigh.
    I am with you. I had a real good chance to get alot of stuff about a year ago but didn't have the cash. A guy was gonna sell me 41 figures and about 5 playsets for 200 dollars. I just didn't have the money at the time and he wouldn't wait 2 weeks for me to get it. I was so upset at that. When I start working again I am gonna go to these collectible shows and all. maybe even get some stuff on Ebay.

I too need the POTF coin vintage and playsets and vehicles. I lost a box of vehicles and playsets in moving alot. That upset me the most. I think I need about 20 more vintage figures to complete my set. I am not worried about Droids and Ewoks sets though.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten