Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Durge = the suke

Just finished reading the first Clone Wars comic Star Wars#51 and had the misfortune of being introduced to Durge.
    He may just be the worst character off all time.
    Totally contrived and calculated to be "cool" and "extreme".
    And also a "bad a*s".
    It's like that Simpsons Episode where a talking dog played by Homer was added to the Itchy&Scratchy show,it's that natural.
    First off he's about 12 feet tall and as wide as a tank.
    It looks totally silly.
    Usually when i read a Star Wars comic or book i try and visualize it in my mind in movie terms.
    With this guy it can't be done he takes you right out of it.
    He's all "extreme" in a mid 1990's IMage comics character sort of way.
    His misproportioned body,machine gun bigger than Obi-Wan,the Judas Priest symbol(!)upside down on his knee pads,the strap of bullets(!)he hangs on himself.
    I mean all this turd is missing is a motorcycle with flaming wheels.
    And he has dialog to match.
    He runs off this list of Gungans and others he killed and then says"It's been a damn good week.."
    Wow....how Star Wars.
    And he totally schools 4 Jedi including Obi-Wan and Anakin taking a lightsaber in the leg a pistol blast to the head and he's all like"I'm going to rip off your head and carbon flush down your throat!"
    And like starts tossing the Jedi around like Battle Droids,killing 2.
    "I'm a walking nerve cluster,you can't sneak up on me!" he tells Obi-Wan and like throws him 500 feet or something.
    And he laughs and gloats and talks like he's the main villian of Lethal Weapon 5.
    It's just....it's horrible.
    Doesn't Lucas even look at this stuff?
    I mean this character is one of the centerpieces(or it's being promoted that way anyway..) of an entire promotional campaign based on one of the most important parts of the Star Wars legend and we get this designed for "extreme cool" factor piece of crap character?
    Shouldn't this be run by Lucas first?
    Hmm actually maybe George isnt the best guy for quality controll these days...
    Shouldn't this be run by Gary Kurtz first?
    Actually....can we run ALL Star Wars related stuff by Gary Kurtz from now on?

-V-

http://www.citizenv.com

Also in this issue Arc Troopers are introduced,they are "super soldiers" that are clones but they are "only one step removed from Jang Fett"(says Anakin) Why being one step away from Jango makes them a "super soldier" im not sure.
    There didn't seem to be anything super about Jango..
    Basicly the Arc Troopers are like good guy versions of Durge,bigger and more G.I.Joe looking and have the ability to think on their own.

See it just got worse...

Yeah, I agree. After seeing Republic #51 Durge is a total badarse.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Hey, what do you expect from EU ?

I'm not sure if Kurtz could be all that useful, someone ran "Slipstream" past him and . . . well . . . no further comment.

Durge,
    take your rightful place in history alongside the Cloned Emperor, Jaster Mareel, IG-88 as the brain of Death Star 2, Jorus C'Boath, Luuuuuuuuuuuke, Boba Fett escaping the Sarlaac, and whatever that was about Dengar or Boba being a best man at the other one's wedding. :happy:

Yeah, I wish Durge had never been made, he's completely stupid. Was he designed by a 10 year old in an RPG chat or somethin? I swear, I haven't even stuff that bad in those really immature RPG rooms, where everything is immortal or completely slick. Han was bad enough for me, oh wait he was sissified in the SE, so I guess this is what it takes now. Those simpletons.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

What's a "SUKE"?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I think it's supposed to be some hip way of saying sucks or somthing. Either way, Durge definatly isn't "the suke". Those poor gungans on Naboo's moon.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

This is why I stay away from EU stuff. Some of it is bad, really bad.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

And to make matters worse he's some kind of Sith.
    I can see the er..logic of this.
    I know what the kids will like guys!
    A cross between Boba Fett and Darth Maul!
    He will be totally 2 the Extreme!
    I bet there was a huge fight over the inclusion of a skateboard at one point.

-V-

http://www.citizenv.com

You can give him one of those stupid finger bike/skateboard pieces of poo to complete the look...

I still think he looks like "Master Blaster" from "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome"
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**