Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

DVD Wishlist

What is your wish list for DVD release?

Obviously the Indiana Jones and Star Wars movies.....

I also want to see the wonderful movies of Charleton Heston released ....Omega Man, Soylent Green

Roger Waters "Live from the Berlin Wall"
    Johnny Got His Gun (remember the 1981 movie with Donald Sutherland as Jesus, it was used in the Metalica video for "One")
    better Backdraft (with the optional footage from the TV version)
    Ed series on DVD
    Quantum Leap (This might be out already)
    MORE MASH!!!!

I'll just copy this list from another forum I posted it on:

All of the Metallica music videos on DVD, with the 2 of One video included in full since my VHS copy needs replaced
    Behind The Music: Metallica. If Megadeth's BTM got put on dvd, then Metallica's should, too.
    They Live, it needs to be brought back to Region 1
    The Critic in Series Box Sets, I mean, come on, it's Jon Lovitz!
    Batman:TAS in Box Sets, Enough testing the waters WB, give us what we(I) want!
    Batman Beyond in Box Sets, I'm not sure how many episodes there were, but I think two box sets will work.
    Tales From The Crypt The Series Box Sets
    The Tales From The Crypts movies need to be brought back from OOP, too!

That's all I can wish for right now.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Omega Man was coming at one point, and then got hit with a delay. It's currently TBD with a release date. Quantum Leap is coming this year, sometime. And more Mash is on the way. As for my wishlist, let's go to the list.

1. Song of the South - Uncle Remus draws upon his tales of Brer Rabbit to help little Johnny deal his confusion over his parents' separation as well as his new life on the plantation. The tales: The Briar Patch, The Tar Baby and Brer Rabbit's Laughing place.

I'm disgusted how the Disney Corporation acts like this movie doesn't even exist, due to the so-called racial sterotypes in the film. Yet their Splash Mountain ride, uses the charecters and the storyline. I think a Disney Treasures release, with special features explaining that the movie was a product of a different time and isn't how Disney feels would be a good idea. I've seen the suggestion of having James Earl Jones as a special guest host for the disc, and I think thats a good idea. Frankly the movie isn't as racist as it seems to be painted by people that have never seen it.

2. Twilight Zone: The Movie - Four segments in the spirit of the original TV series 'The Twilight Zone': a Redneck who lost his promotion to a Jewish colleague makes some racist remarks, only to find himself in the shoes of those he condemned; old people at a geriatric institute re-live their childhood games, and more...; a young teacher on the road befriends a boy whose home is every child's dream... or nightmare? And a nerve-wracked passenger aboard a plane in a storm thinks he knows the cause of the plane's engine problems. There is also a scary and humorous prologue, which neatly ties in to the end of the film.

A great Special Edition is sorely needed for this film. With a tribute documentary to the first segment, about Vic Morrow and the two kids that died in the tragic helicopter accident during filming. Add in Audio Commentary and a Making of Special or two. They could include the original intended storyline for the First Segment in a still gallary as well.

3. Return of the Living Dead part II - In this first sequel to The Return of the Living Dead, a group of kids discover one of the drums containing a rotting corpse and release the 2-4-5 Trioxen gas into the air, causing the dead to once again rise from the grave and seek out brains.

A nice special edition like the recent Return of the Living Dead DVD from MGM would be great. Audio Commentary and a few making of featurettes is all I ask for.

4. Young Sherlock Holmes - Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson meet as boys in an English Boarding school. Holmes is known for his deductive ability even as a youth, amazing his classmates with his abilities. When they discover a plot to murder a series of British business men by an Egyptian cult, they move to stop it.

Another movie that sorely needs a Special Edition DVD release. Audio Commentary, Making of Featurettes, and a feature on the CGI stain gladd Knight would be great to see. Especially since they talk aboutthe stain glass knight being one of the first cases of true photo-realistic CGI in films.

5. Dragonslayer - A King has made a pact with a dragon where he sacrfices virgins to it, and the dragon leaves his kingdom alone. An old wizard, and his keen young apprentice volunteer to kill the dragon and attempt to save the next virgin in line - the Kings own daughter.

Another excellent movie that is long due for a DVD Special Edition. With the increased intrest in Fantasy thanks to Lord of the Rings, now is a great time to get this out. Again, Audio Commentary, Making of Featurettes, and Special Effects Features would be great. Rumored to be on the way, later this year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Family Guy: Season 3
    Futurama: Seasons 3-5
    Malcolm In The Middle: Season 1-4
    Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
    Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars: Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi
    That Peter Kay Thing
    The Simpsons: Seasons 3-14
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Married with Children Seasons
    Three's Company Seasons
    Animal House (damn OOP)
    Guns N' Roses videos & live stuff
    Pink FLoyd - Pulse

obvioslu Indy and Star Wars
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Hey evenflow, it looks like you'll be getting some of your wishes fulfilled!

Speaking of things that go bump in the night, Warner Home Video will release a bundle of horror greats on August 5th: the original masterpiece The Haunting, Vincent Price in House of Wax (not in 3-D), the killer rat-fest Of Unknown Origin, Charlton Heston in the oft-delayed The Omega Man, the movie that absolutely terrorized me as a child, Soylent Green, a new 50th anniversary edition of the Howard Hawks classic The Thing, and Audrey Hepburn in Wait Until Dark. And for you John Carpenter fans, at long last comes the last of the director's oeuvre not yet released on DVD, Memoirs of an Invisible Man, which streets on August 17th. Retail is $19.95 each, and watch this space for further details.
    DVD File
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Song of the South
    all of The Simpsons
    The Wonder Years complete series
    "Dance your asteroids off..."

Battlestar Galactica. I know it was rather cheesy, but I thought it was great.
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

Battlestar Galactica is supposed to be coming sometime this year. It was among the group of DVD's that were announced by Universal.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

What do YOU want to see on DVD?

I dont know about the reast of you, but there a TON of movies and some TV shows that are not getting put out on DVD fast enough. Here's what I want to see....

The Wonder Years (the complete tv series)

Universal's Classic Monster movies made available again. Which includes, Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolfman, The Mummy, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Phantom of the Opera, The Invisible Man, House of Frankenstein, House of Dracula, Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman, Dracula's Daughter, Return of the Creature...etc.

Schindler's List (an ultimate Collector's Edition)

Let It Be (complete version)

Batman (the complete original tv series)

The Simpsons Series 3, 4, 5....(whats the hold up Fox???)

Star Trek 5 & 6

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Extended Edition (I know it's coming but I want it now)

The Shining (Nicholson version)

Ok, anybody else? What do you want?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett