Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Re: I didn't want to create a new thread for this.....

Originally posted by JediTricks
    SSG profiles don't show email addys, they only offer a link to the SSG email page which emails the user via our SSG email system (when you get one this way, you will DEFINITELY know it - it mentions how SSG is not responsible for the email's content ). So unless you put your email addy in your bio or in a post, nobody can see users' email addys... except me, MWHA HA HA!!!

This M&M guy seems to be a major scalper by those prices!
    Not that I am 100% certain, but you know this Mark guy probably picked up half of his Action Fleet ships at Toys R Us during their famous $1.97 sale price, and that Sebulba's Trilingual Podracer for $3.99 at KB and he is in turn, now selling them at 5 or even 10 times the cost he picked them up for. What a profit!
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

He may have picked them up cheap on clearance, but I'd be surprised to find out that's he's selling much. All of his prices are way too high, it would be pretty easy to get anything from his list cheaper on ebay. The only 2 that seem reasonable are the E-Wing for 110.00 and if the variant A-Wing is the emblemless green A-Wing 25.00 wouldn't be bad. I know I'd pay it if I needed it. 110.00 for a MIMB E-Wing is about the cheapest they go for. I've seen a few go for less on ebay, but not much less and most go for more. 80.00 for a Trade Federation Tank is ridiculous. I need a loose one and I plan to pay up to 50.00 for it which I thought was bad enough. I was amazed at the 80.00 for the Classic Duels set too, I don't think I've ever seen one go for anywhere near that much. I paid about 20.00 for mine, but haven't really been watching them since I got it but I'm sure they can't be going for that much.

Later,
    S43

Originally posted by shinakuma43
    He may have picked them up cheap on clearance, but I'd be surprised to find out that's he's selling much. All of his prices are way too high, it would be pretty easy to get anything from his list cheaper on ebay. The only 2 that seem reasonable are the E-Wing for 110.00 and if the variant A-Wing is the emblemless green A-Wing 25.00 wouldn't be bad. I know I'd pay it if I needed it. 110.00 for a MIMB E-Wing is about the cheapest they go for. I've seen a few go for less on ebay, but not much less and most go for more. 80.00 for a Trade Federation Tank is ridiculous. I need a loose one and I plan to pay up to 50.00 for it which I thought was bad enough. I was amazed at the 80.00 for the Classic Duels set too, I don't think I've ever seen one go for anywhere near that much. I paid about 20.00 for mine, but haven't really been watching them since I got it but I'm sure they can't be going for that much.

Later,
    S43
    Nobody should ever say that $110.00 is an acceptable price for an Action Fleet toy that saw release IMO. The aftermarket is a bad, bad place.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, but sometimes you have to pay more if you want to get something. I tried for a very long time to get an E-Wing cheaper and after probably 8 months finally broke down and got one on ebay for more than 110.00. If I didn't, I still wouldn't have it. 8 months is a long time to try to find a good deal and to me it was well worth paying the price for it to end my search. If I chose to only pay MSRP on everything I wanted my collection wouldn't be nearly as complete as it is and I'd probably lose my mind trying to get everything I need.

Later,
    S43

Lightbulb ebay's email service now works the same way

rdd: spamming is against the policies of ebay and nearly every isp out there, so the last thing spammers want is for their spamming to be reported to either of those bodies (if they've used them to spam), cuz it results in their suspension

s43; sometimes you have to pay more if you want to get something. . . 8 months is a long time to try to find a good deal"
    -not to me; i've stubbornly waited Years to get certain toys, certain cds, certain books etc for what I wanna pay, not what scalpers wanna sell it for

"I'd probably lose my mind"
    -not me; i enjoy the hunt & don't mind waiting, cuz i got plentya trinkets to enjoy in the meantime :happy:
    vt

VT: I wish I was as patient as you when it comes to searching for good deals. Most of the stuff I have I was able to get at pretty good prices so paying more than I'd like for some things isn't that bad to me. I never would have thought I could have gotten Epic sets 4-6 for about 10.00 each. If my plan didn't work on getting them I would have paid whatever it took to get them. Most of my MMs I got pretty cheap. They weren't may main interest so I would pick up some here and there when I was able to get good deals. AF collecting was taking up most of my time. Now it's pretty even between the MMs and AFs. They're both almost done. Once I get the ST and B5 MMs on the list I sent you I'll just need a few SW MM sets, most GV MMs, a couple AF variations and a couple loose ships, and that's about it.

Later,
    S43

S43, I can understand giving in like that, I just can't understand how it'd be "acceptable". You can begrudingly pay through the nose for this set, but you don't gotta like it.

VT, I was going to put that about ebay, but since they didn't always have that policy, I figured I'd just leave that out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey, can anyone contact me if they see any good auctions at ebay for the E-wing? I have been searching for it since i was 11 (3 years) and still to no avail.
    *I am looking for a Star Wars Action Fleet E-wing and TIE Defender. I have been searching for 3 years. Please email me at psystinger@email.com if you or anyone you know has an E-wing or TIE Defender!!!!!! Thanks!*

"If you ever smell burning flesh, and you realize that your hand is in the campfire...."

Boy

I wish that I had read this thread.....

About 5 weeks ago, I sent $70 cash (boxed) to Toyhunter for a Rogue 2 Snowspeeder (I often send cash to the US - so long as it is in a box (not envelope), it ALWAYS gets there).

Anyway, I have emailed the guy twice - the first time 2 weeks ago to see if the money had arrived (he said no, even though it was posted 2 weeks earlier) and the 2nd time 1 week ago - he has not had the decency to bother with a reply.

Got a bad feeling about this.

Ironically, when people contact me via my site as to where they can bag AF's, I have often referred them to his site.

This obviously stops now.

Anyway

Bc3

i want to find the new af's and bp's at retail.....

but if i don't, d & s does have em in stock as of august 5th for $31.00 for all three. (add 10 extra samolians for shipping), if i don't find the new toys at retail this week, i will resort to ordering them from d & s.

it would be nice though to see them on the shelves. it's been about three years since i last found and bought any mm product at a store, having had to resort to online for ep I wave 2 and up
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding