Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Lots of repackaging

Hi all,

I sure you all know. That lately hasbro has been repackaging alot of the same figures (exp. Eeth koth, Rebel Trooper, Imperial Trooper, and Teebo) So to be more. Just wondering what you all thought about that. Do you care? or would you rather see them make different figures then just repackaging them. Only reason I ask is because if your a hard core collector like most of us are. It kind of sucks spending $20.00 bucks on a set of 4 figures that aren't really new, just repackaged. Tell me what you think, and thanks for your time.
    "I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan we meet again at last" (ANH)

"The circle is now complete, when I left you I was but the learner now I'am the master" (ANH)

"It would be a honor, if you would joy us" (ESB)

"Luke help me take this mask off, (Luke but you'll die) nothing can stop that now. For once let me look on you with my own eyes" (ROTJ)

Well really you don't have to pick them up, and I don't mind them rereleasing some figures as long as they make sense. Such as for the astromechs, or the characters in the Imperial 4-pack, or the Hoth pack. Stuff like the Bounty Hunter pack, KE Jango and FB 3PO getting planned for rerelease kinda makes me mad though. There's much better stuff they could have made in place them.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

If I already have them I won't buy them. I have the Teebo, and Imperial trooper and all so I don't need to get them. I would get a Sio Bibble or others that I missed if they did those. Maybe Hasbro Fan Chice 6 or another poll would be good to get one that we missed.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I like em, because I only really got back into toys around the end of 2001, and didn't get back into Star Wars until the middle of 2002.

It's cool to be able to get figures I missed, without paying higher costs for some of them.

I don't mind the rebel fleet troopers and the imperial officers because they do at least have new heads. I can't for the life of me see the point of releasing Teebo again though. Eeth was in the movie so the kids who missed him first time round will get him. I can see the point of why hasbro is remarketing the better sculpts of the core characters although i wish they'd reconsider releasing another boring Jango and Darth Maul.

I'm hoping they'll look back over the production runs of some hard to find stuff and redo that like Leia as boushh or Ishi Tib or the last wave of Episode one. Those are worth repackaging because hardly anyone got them first time round. Beasts would be nice to see repacked, the bantha is a terrific beastie and so is the ronto, Now we've just had the sandtrooper army builder set released how about the Dewback with retooled sandtrooper? Wouldn't take that much to do it. The Eopie would be good for most of the world to get a chance to get one. There's better stuff could be done on re-releases but not at the expense of getting new characters and fresh assortments out.

I love card variations so yeah it's cool, but like EJ said, why Teebo? Why not a Zuckuss or R2-B1? The molds are there just like Teebo's.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Thanks for the response guys. I for one will buy preety much anything. I have both rebel and Imperial troop variations. Can't say I have all the saga set w/o buying repackaged figures. Its nice to hear what other collectors have to say.

"The circle is now complete, when I left you I was but the learner now I'am the master" (ANH)

"Luke help me take this mask off, (Luke but you'll die) nothing can stop that now. For once let me look on you with my own eyes" (ROTJ)

For people who didn't get a Teebo the first time.

Hell, if I didn't find mine at a flea market by luck, I would have loved to get the chance to buy one on the pegs.

I can see making repackaging figures, but why repackage figures that come out a couple of years ago. Not POTJ ones that just came out. I now there making a new jedi luke, but it took them long enough.

Originally posted by Roufuss
    For people who didn't get a Teebo the first time.

Hell, if I didn't find mine at a flea market by luck, I would have loved to get the chance to buy one on the pegs.
    Well, I say why because Teebo wasn't a hot figure, They should release some of the hot ones like the last wave of EP1.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)