Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Re: Omaha, Nebraska and surrounding cities

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Ok not a problem, didnt know you were from this area. My apologies.
    I was starting to think you were staking my posts. I am in Omaha, and again, only posted here so I could perhaps hit up a person who might be interest in my local area.

Thanks for keeping the boards clean.

No I mod alot of forums, not stalking, just policing I guess.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by trandoshan666
    Didn't they just remodel the Saddle Creek building? Maybe it just seemed different the last time I was there. Not that I ever really shopped there, but what happened with Younkers at Crossroads?
    They did remodel, but i want to say its been a couple of years already. Ive never really visited that Target frequently, though it has been the site of one of my most vivid toy hauls when i was a child. I wont go to detail about it because the toys werent Star Wars related, but just thinking about that day brings a tear to my eye. Younkers left Crossroads, much like many stores seem to be doing now. The food court used to be full of restaurants, now there are several that are closed up. The Target could be a big boost to the mall if it helps bring in more traffic. But the move hasnt been without some controversy. There arent any other retail stores around the Saddle Creek area, so the people in that neighborhood are going to have to head out a bit further.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by dashrender
    I was posting here because these people are local to me and I thought perhaps they might not visit the trading post area.
    I check the trading threads quite frequently and im sure msjedi does also. We are relentless in our pursuit of the plastic crack.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

You know.. I suppose I should have known that since that is the primary reason I am here now.

As for the Target thing, I feel a little bad for those that live down in the Saddle Creek area now having to travel a few extra miles to get to a store like that. I bet that Family Dollar down the road though is loving it, I have a feeling that thier business will pick up a lot after Target closes.

I just got back from Target and Walmart in Bellevue. Target had none of the new figures, but it had a couple of Clone 3 packs w/ the red clone, TIE fighters, collectors cases, and several of the older ROTS figures, like Mace Windu. The bad thing about this Target is there is no machine for me to punch in the DCPI #'s into, so ive got no idea if they have the exclusives in or not. Walmart was even more disheartening. They didnt have anything past Pilot Obi, but they have dozens of 500th Vaders laying around, i wouldnt be surprised to see them in the clearance aisle one day, they just dont seem to be moving.

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    They did remodel, but i want to say its been a couple of years already. Ive never really visited that Target frequently, though it has been the site of one of my most vivid toy hauls when i was a child.
    Same here. It's also the spot where I dumped my evil younger brother on the floor while pushing him in a cart.
    Seriously, I did make some killer hauls there, too, but my favorite was always Children's Palace, which coincidentally, was right next to the Crossroads (it's a Best Buy now, I believe). Don't know if you guys ever hit that place for SW toys, but I was scored a ton of vintage ROTJ figures there for 89 cents apiece. Ahh, the good old days
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

I recall the Childrens palace. It was only there for about a year after I moved here before it was closed down. I don't recall the prices I was only about 9 at the time, and didn't pay attention to those sorts of things at that time.

Boy how Omaha has changed in the last 20 or so years.

The Target in the Mall of the Bluffs had several of the following figures, Jett Zukassa, AT-RT driver, Pilot Obi, Mustafar Sentry, Utaupan Warrior, and ShockTroopers. I ended up buying one of the Shocktroopers for myself. They also had the new TIE. Unfortunately this Target doesnt have the price scanners that you can punch in the numbers for either, so i have no clue whether the exclusives are in or not.

Walmart on 132nd and L has 3 each of Bly & Gree, and 100+ Vaders.