Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Mattel added the prototypes of Mer-Man and Zodac to the display today.

http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=13282
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

You gonna get the King Grayskull today Beast? MattyCollector.com opens at 2pm EST(11am PST). I'm gonna order one, hopefully I won't get the variant. 20 bucks a month is fine with me buying a figure.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    You gonna get the King Grayskull today Beast? MattyCollector.com opens at 2pm EST(11am PST). I'm gonna order one, hopefully I won't get the variant. 20 bucks a month is fine with me buying a figure.
    Nah, I think I'm gonna pass on the line. It isn't as amazing as I had hoped.

At these prices, I'm out. I'd love to keep collecting, but no way can I afford this.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was able to order one of the King Grayskull's before they sold out....in just over 5 hours I think too, I was surprised. Hopefully this will lead to good things.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

These are cool and all, but I was really hoping for more Four Horsemen redesigns rather than what amounts to better articulated versions of the classic figures.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    These are cool and all, but I was really hoping for more Four Horsemen redesigns rather than what amounts to better articulated versions of the classic figures.
    Agreed. It's like... "That's it? And $20.00? Really?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Agreed. It's like... "That's it? And $20.00? Really?"
    As "Classics" they look great, but I just cannot justify entry into another line. Marvel Universe is going to take over for Star Wars and Indy in 2009 for me. If I was swimming in it, I'd probably get these guys though.

I'm right with you guys, $20 caused me to walk away from this line, I didn't even buy the King Grayskull exclusive fig when I had the chance. This line insults me, it's just their DC body design with MOTU characters on it, the DC line is $10 and a license, this is not licensed. Maybe going low-run to capture niche sales wasn't so smart, it drove the price up to the point where on-the-fence collectors like us passed, thus keeping it low-run and niche (cyclical failure).

And, not to run this line down, but I actually don't like these designs all that much, King Grayskull looked great but the rest of the line isn't wowing me the way the re-release line a few years ago did, the body style doesn't exactly fit the MOTU characters for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At 1 figure a month i am in, but i too would have preferred 4HM redesigns.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."