Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Mattel's big announcement at Toy Fair is the Ghostbusters line.
    Please tell me your joking?

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinscia Fat'o View Post
    Please tell me your joking?
    Nope. They announced it at NYCC.

As for He-Man at retail. Maybe when the movie comes out.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Whew...And i expected something big...Nothing against Ghost Busters but without a movie or something i don't see it keeping pace. I'm assuming this will be a online deal like MOTU. And there's going to be a He-Man movie now? Wow. . . Hopefully it will be better than the 80's one. Ouch that thing sucked.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinscia Fat'o View Post
    Whew...And i expected something big...Nothing against Ghost Busters but without a movie or something i don't see it keeping pace. I'm assuming this will be a online deal like MOTU. And there's going to be a He-Man movie now? Wow. . . Hopefully it will be better than the 80's one. Ouch that thing sucked.
    Actually there's a big Ghostbusters video game coming out this year, plus the movie is currently in pre-production. Ghostbusters was also one of the most popular boys toy line for some time during the late eighties. A lot of folks have been really waiting for a good, film based Ghostbusters line for a long, long time.

I've been enjoying my firehouse box set of The Real Ghostbusters lately myself
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Anyone been getting the new MOTUC figs at all?

I was tempted early on, but the price just made me pass.

I'm actually glad I did, because they're seriously under-producing the line.

Mer-Man sold out in like an hour on Matty's website. So feh to that noise.

Just another example of how Mattel slits their throats on every toyline they make.

Yea, I had gotten King Greyskull but then ended up selling it to someone here on the boards. $20 a fig is kind of tough to swing, and that's not even counting the shipping. Albeit it they look really good. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Yea, I had gotten King Greyskull but then ended up selling it to someone here on the boards. $20 a fig is kind of tough to swing, and that's not even counting the shipping. Albeit it they look really good. :-\
    I actually prefer the last Masters of the Universe toyline.

Mostly because they did new sculpts for the characters instead of using the same bodies.

Shame that Mattel managed to kill that line by overdoing the He-Mans and Skeletors.

I don't think they "overdid" Skeletor and He-Man. A new word needs to be coined for that sort of glut, as mere "overdo" doesn't cut it by a long shot.

Neon metallic Skeletor repaint? Taking up half the pack of villains, when every previous Skeletor had, too, and were all pegwarming while the other characters all vanished in seconds? Seriously? (If you don't believe me....)

I had no idea until I looked for the repaint Skeletor that there were other crazy villain repaints. I never saw a single one.
    Tommy, close your eyes.