Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast
    Did you go Maradona? I know it's headed to NYC next year and I'd love to attend that one since I live in Albany.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Did you go Maradona? I know it's headed to NYC next year and I'd love to attend that one since I live in Albany.
    I did. It was fun, affordable, and manageable. The one last year only had about 300 attendees; this year had about 1000. Admission was only $30 for the weekend, though car trouble kept me away on Sunday. The exclusive was only $22 and it was easy to get during the first day. In comparison, the Joe Con and Bot Con sets usually sell for around $300, which leave me out of that loop. Next time that Power Con is in the Los Angeles area, let me know and I'll pick the exclusive up for you if you're interested.

If you go down to NYCC, Mattel will be selling the exclusive there and they will debut the prototype drawing of next year's Castle Grayskull.

On Mattycollector, He Man and Battle Cat 2-pack is only $30 today in honor of his 30th birthday. That is quite a deal.

I ordered Frosta yesterday along with the JLU Guy Gardner pack but in those 20 minutes of the WSOD, lost out on Poison Ivy.

Brothers and sisters, y'all need to go check out your local Big Lots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130811_103520_516.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	27784
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Brothers and sisters, y'all need to go check out your local Big Lots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130811_103520_516.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	27784
    I've been trying my darnedest to find a Moss Man, a Faceless One, a King Grayskull, and a few more Battleground Teelas. No luck, though. LA is waaaaay too competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I've been trying my darnedest to find a Moss Man, a Faceless One, a King Grayskull, and a few more Battleground Teelas. No luck, though. LA is waaaaay too competitive.
    I think I have an extra Moss Man if you're interested. It's not from Big Lots but from when he was available on Matty though I'm not sure if he's a first release or reissue.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I think I have an extra Moss Man if you're interested. It's not from Big Lots but from when he was available on Matty though I'm not sure if he's a first release or reissue.
    Do you know if it's flocked or unflocked ears?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Do you know if it's flocked or unflocked ears?
    I'll have to report back to you on that.

Ordered Castaspella this morning, thought about Rattlor but I'm limiting impulse purchases while I'm still paying off SDCC expenses.

Why does Prince Adam come with an alternate head that's identical to the one that's already on his body?

Edit: Wow. I looked it up, and, man, that is an insanely minor difference.

I'm glad I got these two. I'm probably sick in the head, but I was tempted by Orko, and finding out he included Adam sealed the deal--if I only have two, those are two of the possibilities I'd pick for my only two. Still, for the original going price, these were kinda a ripoff. The articulation is good, but not worth writing home about (some of the better G.I. Joe molds beat the tar out of them here, and at half the price and size). Sculpts are great, but the visibility of the joints sucks. The ankles on Adam are really loose, making it tough to stand him up, but the hands are so tight that getting to hold a sword was a chore. In short, I like 'em, but I don't love 'em. At a normal price point, they'd be a solid B, but I've got to take into account what the intended retail price was, and they're a C- for it. All in all, it just makes me sad that the 2002 line is dead; I know people will disagree, but they were vastly superior. (2002 Trap-Jaw in particular is to Classics Prince Adam as we are to the amoeba.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.