Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Masters of the Universe figures

Ok, it's time to start an official Masters of the Universe thread here at SirStevesGuide.com.

And to celebrate, Figures.com has the scoop on MOSS MAN! He's being offered as a mail-away exclusive. There are pictures as well. Sounds like a sweet deal!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Not a bad way fro Mattel to sell an extra 20,000 figures.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Oh good. Noone had thought of a MOTU thread here yet.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    So, basically, with the selection out there right now, you have to buy three SpinBlade Skeletors to get one Moss man figure?

Maybe if they started shipping Prince Adam, Syclone, Evil Lyn, and Two-Bad, I could get those and send in for this as well.

But if Mattel thinks this is a clever way to clear house at the retail level, they should check their casepacking problem first.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    So, basically, with the selection out there right now, you have to buy three SpinBlade Skeletors to get one Moss man figure?

Maybe if they started shipping Prince Adam, Syclone, Evil Lyn, and Two-Bad, I could get those and send in for this as well.

But if Mattel thinks this is a clever way to clear house at the retail level, they should check their casepacking problem first.
    Agreed.

Wow, Moss Man looks slightly less stupid now than he did then.

Is he still just a re-painted Beast Man?
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

*sigh*

First, I agree about the selection. The only figures my stores have are: about 50 Spin Attack Skeletors, a few of the "Samurai" figures and one Martial Arts He-Man. I have absolutely no use for resculpts - I just want one of each character - so I guess I can just forget about getting Moss Man. Imagine those that would want more than one of these...that means 6 Spin Blade He-Man figures!

But on that subject, I'm really wondering if Mossy's worth getting... I mean, cripes, he's just a green and flocked version of Beast Man. And though I know that's exactly how they did it back in the 80's, I figured they'd have some kind of higher standard here.
    Is it just me, or does it seem more and more like toy companies take pleasure in ticking us off? The only three that haven't for me (yet, anyway) are the Asylum, Palisades and McFarlane...

I reiterate: *sigh*

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

This will not be the only Moss Man of the line. A FH Moss Man will be made as well, so says Val Staples.
    "May the force be with you, always"

Also, I LOOOVE MOTU, but due to the lack of figures, I must say that the fun is out of collecting MOTU for me. It has got to the point where I really dont even care to give Mattel any money now.
    "May the force be with you, always"

Originally posted by Amy
    Also, I LOOOVE MOTU, but due to the lack of figures, I must say that the fun is out of collecting MOTU for me. It has got to the point where I really dont even care to give Mattel any money now.
    Right on! Although I have to add that my reasons for feeling that way weren't just based around the lack of selection. It primarily had to do with the inclusion of action features and the fact that they just won't stand up (at least for me). But, I've taken flack for saying that before, so I'll just leave it at that.

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59