Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by evenflow
    Funny you should say that. I feel the total opposite about the MOTU line. I can't wait for the new ones to come out and am excited and love the line. It's Star Wars that has become a total downer for me.
    Don't get me wrong, SW has been the same way for me. But the last figs I got in MOTU were Triklops and Trapjaw and that was a WHILE back - haven't seen anything newer that wasn't a He-Man or Skeletor... or vehicle/accessory/beast.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Right on JediTricks. I'm tired of all the Heman and Skeletor remakes. *yawn* Bring on the side characters.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Yea!!!! I read in Lee's today that there will be another colection of minifigures.....including a mini Ram Man (insert your joke here!)

Just saw the other day that the newest figs to be put out seem to be packed with a free videotape. Great for people who want a fig and cartoon, bad for people who collect MOMC. The video is attached via a Saran Wrap substance that ends up bending the card.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

They're also taped in the back to the cards. Silver Orko is one of the few figures from any line I want to keep carded, and carefully removing the tape was a huge pain in the .

I think this may be a Wal-Mart exclusive deal, like with the previous free videos (on re-releases of the first wave).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Seen the McDonalds' Happy Meal He-Man and Battle Cat on figures.com today: http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ow_article=121

He-man surprised me, I was expecting a version more similar to the cartoon character than the figure, but this thing seems surpisingly similar to the real figure. Battle Cat and those accessories on the other hand don't look very good at all - poor Battle Cat's hollow legs.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I actually found some new figures today. My Wal*Mart finally got Mekaneck (with the previously mentioned bonus video tape) and they had one of each of Prince Adam and Sy-Klone. They also had Orkos, Teelas, Trap Jaws and Tri-Klops's up the ying yang, but I already had those.
    I was really weighing the idea of purchasing Mekaneck (because I saw him first and I carried him around while I looked at some other stuff). I wasn't going to get him, but decided I'd probably want him later... But I was already back at the MOTU stuff, anyway, so, I took another look. That's when I found the Adam and Sy-Klone stuffed in the back.

I had told myself that I wasn't going to bother getting Sy-Klone, as this figure is entirely based around an action feature - I had known that even before seeing the actual figure. But because I'm only allowing myself a few more MOTU purchases, I bought him.
    But wouldn't you know it? I'm two freakin' days late to get that Moss Man...

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

That's great news about the McDonald's MOTU toys! I love it when McDonald's Happy Meal toys are something cool like that. You get a bite or two to eat and a neat toy all for less than you would usually pay for a meal w/o a toy. Granted, you're not full afterwards, and then you have to go in search of snack food.

The only thing that would make this better is if the assortment included one of my personal favorites: Stinkor! I know it might cause some problems, though. "Excuse me, but there's a skunk-man in my Happy Meal!"
    "Is that the Six Million Dollar Man's boss?"

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Don't get me wrong, SW has been the same way for me. But the last figs I got in MOTU were Triklops and Trapjaw and that was a WHILE back - haven't seen anything newer that wasn't a He-Man or Skeletor... or vehicle/accessory/beast.

I hear that. But at least we have the McDonald's stuff now and newer figures seem to be coming out more frequently. I just found Sy-Klone. Still need Adam. I am just more excited and interested in this line now.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

What's your opinion on Syklone? I had this fig as a kid so I have a nostalgia factor for the new one, but I've not been terribly interested in most of the masters figs so far (just not my cup of tea), so I'm on the fence.