Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My brother had the old Sy-Klone figure, JT, and I hated it. The new one, though, is a dramatic improvement. Not quite as improved as Ram Man, but close.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What is it with these people having ten or more Fakers from Toyfare? I was looking on ebay (evil bay) and saw a seller selling one. I then clicked on this person's feedback and he/she had sold like ten or more of these. What is the deal? They are sittin' there sellin' them for $60-70 a pop. Is this poor distribution??
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

That and a whole lotta hoardin' goin' on!
    I truly hate Toyfare exclusives since they never seem to care about this problem at all. The same thing happened with every single Simpsons exclusive they've ever had (leaving me with an incomplete team of Pin Pals) - all the figures ended up in the hands of a very few people; mostly scalpers who quickly drove the secondary market prices through the roof. Their only concern is for the money on these things. If they cared at all for the fans they would seriously limit quantities on their exclusives.

To quote the immortal words of Jackie Childs in the final episode of Seinfeld, "They're real, and they're spectacular!"

I found Whiplash and Two Bad yesterday. Both are absolutely awesome figures. I don't remember the vintage Two Bad, but I had the old Whiplash, and this is one of those cases of "the Four Horsemen take a lousy old figure and turn it into a masterpiece." Wow.

I saw Fire Armor Skeletor, too, and just had to pass. I actually tried to talk myself into getting it, but it looked too silly.

Here's a question for anyone in the know about MOTU case assortments: I know I must've gotten to the store shortly after these were put out (since they were still there), but there was no Evil Lyn. She's listed on the cardback, though. Is she like Mekaneck, destined to sneak up on us later?

And, by the same token, has the Power Hoobajoob Man-At-Arms come out yet? He's on the cardback for the Prince Adam wave, but on the Whiplash wave, the next wave of figures (Man-E-Faces, Buzz Off, and two more He-Men rehashes) is listed. Given that Duncan morphs his arm all sorts of funky ways in the cartoon, this is one of the resculpts I might get.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I found Prince Adam and Cyclone at KB Toys yesterday. I passed on them only because I forgot to go back to the store and buy them when I was leaving the mall. Oops!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Originally posted by Roufuss
    Yea, MOTU is more of a hassle now then it is fun.

I contribute it to the lack of figs, and who ships only six figs to a box these days??? Good job Mattel, every other company on the face of the planet goes TWELVE to a box, these days.
    And Star Wars isn't a hassle?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

One of my nearby Target stores is thoroughly overflowing with Martial Arts He-Man figures, which leads me to believe that they are also getting Sy-Klone and Prince Adam figures (they ship in the same case) but are selling through them very quickly. I wonder why Mattel doesn't notice this?

Mattel does not yet seem convinced that shipping one each of the "secondary characters" and four of the latest He-Man or Skeletor per case is not a good idea. Nor have they yet seen the full folly of making sure each wave of bad guys has a new Skeletor and each new good guy wave has a new He-Man.

And as for why Adam doesn't count as this wave's He-Man resculpt ('cause let's be honest, that's what he is), no one knows.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Mattel does not yet seem convinced that shipping one each of the "secondary characters" and four of the latest He-Man or Skeletor per case is not a good idea. Nor have they yet seen the full folly of making sure each wave of bad guys has a new Skeletor and each new good guy wave has a new He-Man.
    Honestly, I think that was one of the main purposes of the recent Moss Man offer. I'm not certainly that Mattel actually knows exactly which items are clogging store shelves and have caused orders to fall off. We as fans actually care that there are no Sy-Klones, Whiplashes, Two-Bad's and Evil Lynns on the pegs, but your average store manager doesn't even know those characters exist and when he checks the computer for stock levels of 'He-Man' figures he only sees that they have more than enough and haven't sold any in weeks, maybe months. I think the Moss Man offer was an attempt (whether effective or not) by Mattel, via the itemized receipt they would naturally receive in exchange for each figure, to learn precisely which figures are clogging pegs and to hopefully help get rid of some of those. Let's face it, first of all they had to know that it would be primarily (perhaps exclusively) collectors who would respond to the offer, and secondly knowing that we have been complaining about the lack of new figures and that most of us would never buy yet another Smash Blade He-man except for this type of offer, this kind of thing could be a good indication of what hasn't been selling, how stores catalog and process these items as sales, and what is actually missing from store shelves. At least, I hope that's what they were trying to do.

And as for why Adam doesn't count as this wave's He-Man resculpt ('cause let's be honest, that's what he is), no one knows.
    He does count, actually. It's just that even he's still preferable to 'Wildlife Photographer He-Man'.

Originally posted by RooJay
    He does count, actually. It's just that even he's still preferable to 'Wildlife Photographer He-Man'.
    I meant that he apparently is a new, distinct character in the eyes of Mattel, or he'd be four to a case.

Moss Man was definitely aimed at collectors (what kid would've heard of the offer?), but I think Mattel already knew which figures were clogging shelves. While I know it takes time to see change, I hope there's serious re-evaluation of the case assortments within a few months. Ideally, each case of six characters should look more like this:
    2-New character #1
    2-New character #2
    1-Previously existing background character
    1-He-Man or resculpt

Whereas now, it's more like this:
    1-New character #1
    1-New character #2
    4-He-Man resculpt

This way, everyone would sell pretty well. The two main characters would stay on shelves more or less all the time without clogging them up. Also, shortpacking a He-Man (and I think they should recycle the existing He-Men figures, since most kids would want basic and we don't want too many special armors for He-Man) might inspire a few collectors to snatch them up as well. Result: figures selling, people getting what they want. Everyone happy all around. :happy:
    Tommy, close your eyes.