Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Okay, I forgot about Stratos. He looks okay (he was always one of my favorites of the original line), but you're absolutely right - useless with that action feature. Ram Man I can't say I really have a problem with - while it would have been cooler with more articulation, he's exactly what I expected though.
    There are few bigger proponents of articulation over gimmick than myself. I do agree with you completely about how much cooler these could've been. I would have absolutely loved for the new He-Man figures to have been loaded down with Marvel Legends style articulation and no action features at all, but I knew as soon as this line was announced that I should not expect that. It's really difficult for me to try and articulate why this is perfectly acceptable to me in this instance. I could probably best liken it to buying a bucket of army men and not expecting anything more than non-poseable, solid green figurines. They are what they are, ya know? Plus, they're all still more poseable than the originals.
    I totally understand why you feel the way you do about the line. If we were talking Star Wars figures I'd have completely the opposite opinions about the action features and articulation (actually I feel that way even though we aren't talkin' about 'em). It just seems perfectly acceptable to me with the He-Man line. If they decided to change the status quo tomorrow and completely redo the line with tons of articulation (so He-Man can grip his sword two-handed and Trap Jaw could aim his gun a the good guys) and zero gimmicks, I doubt few would be happier than me. I just don't think it's gonna happen, and I'm perfectly okay with that.
    Like I said, to each his own. I expect you probably won't be buying anymore Masters figures, but personally I plan to stick with the line for a long time to come.

I got my Moss Man figure int he mail today. It is pretty cool. Mattel did i nice job with the flocking. The Package is nice too.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Picked up Prince Adam finally, WM had him & Syklone with Free Video #3 taped to the front - it's a good thing I'm not a MOC collector or I'd be honked about that, but I am so the VHS covering most of the bubble is probably what kept these on the shelves so it's OK. I hate to say it, but Prince Adam is probably the worst figure in the line to date: the face and haircut are not right at all compared to either the new He-man toy or the cartoon; limb poses give too much of a hunchback feel; and the other accessory(s) besides the sword are really lame. Oh well, at least I found what I was after.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My Moss Man arrived in the mail today as well. Cool figure! Mattel did a great job, the flocking looks good!

My Wal-Mart just got in about 6 of Man-E-Faces. No sign of Evil Lyn or Buzz Off yet.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Dear MOTU Trap-Jaw,

I don't know how to put this mildly, and think it is best I just get right to the point. You are no longer the greatest action figure in existence.

I'm sure this must come as a shock to you. However, all things must pass, and I have found another all-time greatest action figure. I don't think you know him; his name is Marvel Legends Gambit.

I had seen pictures of Gambit online, but finally met him two days ago. In the time since, I have become more and more enthralled with his excellent sculpting, wicked articulation, cool accessories, and a base that actually works, for a change. The fact that Jubilee features prominently in the pack-in comic book didn't hurt hiim, nor did the fact that Gambit has always been a character I've been rather indifferent to.

Rest assured that you will not be forgotten, Trap-Jaw. Like the original Optimus Prime, POTF2 Vader w/ Removable Helmet, or CommTech Stormie, you will always hold a place in my heart. And I want you to always remember that you beat out the other (excellent) MOTU figures by miles. Same with anything Hasbro's produced in a long time.

Dang! I meant to post this under the Marvel Legends thread. Oh well.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    SDCC pics are coming in.

The new Snake dudes look horrible, especially the dude what takes off his "human" body to reveal those horrid shrinky dink snake arms. And stupid snake hands Skeletor. LAME.

Fisto looked pretty sweet. Where's Jujitsu and WEBSTOR?!?!?

Jury's out on the new Stratos and Man-at-Arms. I can't decide if I don't like them because they aren't the classic look or what. Duncan looks like he aged about a hundred years. Stratos would be sweet if it were a new character.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Kobra Khan looks best out of the Snakemen. Fisto's not bad, but no sword? Whats up with that?

In case you haven't heard, Target is going to be rearranging theier toy department on Sunday. They are holding back lots of toys including the Mutant Slime pit. Here is the DPCI# 087-06-0632. The cost is 29.99$

JIm

Evil Lynn has been found, sadly not by me, but she is out.

She's been found by me.

(Not trying to brag, but I wanted to post about my new finds here, and that seemed the funniest way to do so.)

I also scored this morning Man-E-Faces and both versions of Buzz-Off. (Question for anyone in the know: there were only two Buzz-Offs there, one with a painted smile and one without. Which version is the ultra-rare variant I should keep carded?)

They also had some funky metallic neon repaints of Skeletor, Mer-Man, and Tri-Klops. Tri-Klops and Mer-Man would still be okay for someone who missed them the first time, but Skeletor was funky. The skull was orange and, IIRC, the body was metallic blue. I expected to see the name listed as "Disco Inferno Armor Skeletor." (Strangely enough, though I didn't get him today, he was so odd looking I might pick him up later.
    Tommy, close your eyes.