Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho

I felt a little like "Andy" in Shawshank Redemption, when they say "Here's the (items) you requested. Please stop writing us any more letters!"

Hehe.
    Why are you so obtuse? j/k

Well, kudos for getting some results from the Warden... I mean, Wal-Mart!

Oh no! Heaven help us! What if Wal-mart doesn't carry the Screen Scene packs? Then we'll have to risk wading through stacks of them at Target and TRU only.

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

well, I slogged through the icefeilds of hoth...

...er, make that Vermont over to northern NY where the only WM in the area that looks to carry any SW (other than the two pegs of basic figures my local one here is supposed to carry...the EMPTY pegs I might add) and well, well, well! I nearly had a stroke but there was the Yoda wave of 12"ers sitting on the bottom shelf!

So I grabbed a (nearly) complete set a rode my tauntaun back to Burlington (make that brrrrr-lington...where our temps have stayed stuck either in the single digits or well below zero! Hoth indeed!)
    Anyway...impressions on the wave....

Left Luke behind. Sorry, but I've already got this figure in this outfit three times! (The Bib/Luke set, the bone-Luke & the SpeederBike Luke). The head sculpt is decent, but the lack of a cloak and any good accessories couldn't make me lay out the $24.77 WM is charging for him.

The Yoda isn't bad. I stand by my comments way back when that he's a touch too green, but the cloak at least is off-white and fits well. He also has plenty of accessories (you've all seen the pics) to help offset the price a bit. Now I do have a couple of nits with 'em. He only features a brown inner robe bottom! His chest is molded as the tunic top...it would be really cheap looking, but the necklace and outer robe cover it enough. He doesn't have alot of posing possibilities, but he does manage to sit in his council chair ok. My only othe nit is the lack of a clip on his lightsaber hilt. I guess one could argue that it looks more "authentic" without it, but you end up just tucking the hilt in his belt to keep it on him. He is a little "puffy" looking, but not bad.

The Biker Scout. I'm glad this one got re-issued. My other one is still packed so it's hard for me to tell if there have been any changes from the one Target had a few years back. I'm pretty sure the molded gloves are new...they just seem more detailed to me. The downside on 'em is they don't hold the blaster very well. Still, it's cool to have a second scout opened & in the collection.

The Ewoks. They look pretty good...I just wish the hoods/headgear and pouches had been seperate pieces (like the hood on Wicket) but at least the paint apps are well done and the sculpts are nicely detailed.

Hey...three outta four (especially when the 12" waves only feature three "new" ones) ain't bad! Now here's hoping I can find the Garindan wave next time I take an interstate voyage....

I found some more on the shelf today too (Wal-Mart). Didn't need anything, so I picked nothing up. I'd previously bought this wave.

Having opened one of my Yodas, I too wished for a little more articulation in his arms. Either wrist or elbow (swivel) articulation. It seems he holds his lightsaber a little too close to his ears. One wrong move and if that thing was a real lightsaber... well you get it.

I also wish Yoda could double-grip his saber.

Still, a good figure, I'd say he's worth 19.99 but Wal-Mart's 24.99 would be worth it if the articulation I'd want added was there.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Differences between the old and new 12" Scout

The POTF2 version has a correct paint application with a gray detail to the helmets mouth piece the Saga version does not.

The other differences are,

Saga version has a new glove sculpt and is a nice improvement . They are smaller and more accurate to the scale of the figure.

Saga has a new chest plate that fits better and has new buckles at the shoulders and waist.

The down grade on the Saga version is the new bigger boots. They are too big and I really wonder why they changed them.

The Saga version is sporting a Better GI Joe body that lets the foot turn so he can kneel correctly.

Other than those differences they are the same and both are a bit pricy. Oh and the saga version is packaged wrong with his belt over his pouches not under them.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Re: Differences between the old and new 12" Scout

Have you found the Saga figure recently?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    Have you found the Saga figure recently?
    I have had it for about a year now. I bought a case thinking there was 2, but got burned. I only paid 20 a pop though. I just recently scored a loose POTF2 version off e-bay for a good price. I bought one of those $12 Leia's with Bike for the loose Scout. I couldn't get myself to open my minty speeder and Scout so e-bay came in handy. I still can't get myself to open my one and only Saga Scout.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I'm still hopeful that the Biker Scouts might make it to the shelves around here. It's almost comical how long it takes for a "new" wave to make it to a store. I have the biker scout and speeder bike set but a few loose figures would look darn good standing around. Thanks for the comparisons Turbo.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Thanks for the comparison Turbowars. And I thought the only difference was the new gloves, silly me!

I only have the one Saga version, and I also don't want to open it for some reason. Strange really, since all my other 12"ers are busted open . Ah well, if I find another, I'll bust it open and stick him on my $12 Leia speeder.

I was lucky enough to win a 12" speeder bike pilot, seeing as I have not yet found one on any store shelf. I have an extra speeder bike to place him on, should I get a second Biker Scout to open.

I never took time to compare the Saga vs. the POTF2 version.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!