Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah anyone?

Shoot! I almost forgot that there was one 12" Luke w/bike there too. At the $50 or so price tag, I didn't want to get it.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Target B-Wings

Hey guys,

If anyone's interested the Orem Target still has (had?) two B-Wings at the discounted price. I was there yesterday evening to buy the EP1 DVD and found the deuce on the shelf. Their figure selection is still crummy, but there are B-Wings to be had.

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I was there about a week ago and there were 4 B-Wings discounted.

<RANT>Either Target just keeps bringing more out, or us Utah folks are more intelligent that Target gives us credit for. Come one Target. Who do you think you're fooling? This ship should have sold for $20, just like the Y-Wing and Skiff. $28 is not "clearance". It's highway robbery!</RANT>
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

A couple days late but...

Provo K-Mart had the Vader wave (Vader, Xwing Luke, DS Han) on Friday, and lots of 'em. No sign of Shmi. Wasn't she supposed to be in this wave?

I'm wondering if I've been cured of my SW addiction, because I managed to leave the store empty-handed (lack of money helps). I'm surprised at how lame the Luke and Han figures are. There's really nothing wrong with them, other than the head sculpts being a slight step backward. I guess maybe I'm expecting too much from a resculpt, or maybe I'm tired of resculpts. The Vader was really cool looking though, and it was hard not to pull out the plastic for him.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

'Sup in the UT

Originally posted by ThomasLane
    Provo K-Mart had the Vader wave (Vader, Xwing Luke, DS Han) on Friday, and lots of 'em. No sign of Shmi. Wasn't she supposed to be in this wave?
    No. Shmi and OB1 Jedi Armor are in the C2 group and hence are considered to be a separate wave, although all five were released at the same time.

If you can, stop by the Springville W-M. They seem to be replenishing their stock unlike the Orem W-M. My wife found me the Shmi there a couple of weeks ago.

I found tons of EW DVs, DS Hans, and X-Wing Lukes at the Target Saturday night. There was also one last OB1 JA. There were still a few B-Wings (4, I think) left.

The EP1 DVD sold out really fast. I was talking to a friend Sat. who went there Friday to get one, but they were all gone. Probably due to the price.

Now all we need is the Zutton/FX-7 wave to hit, and hopefully a rerun of the Lando wave. I still need him and R2-Q5.

Originally posted by ThomasLane
    I'm wondering if I've been cured of my SW addiction...
    Dang! I fell off the wagon! I broke down and picked up Vader and Han today. I really, really like this Vader. Not a bad Han either, but his face looks like a clean-shaved cave-man.

I had to leave Luke on the pegs though. That is the worst Luke head sculpt since the 1995 POTF "He-Man" figures. What was wrong with the freeze-frame Luke's head?
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Hey guys,

The Orem Target has the B-Wings listed as $19.90, although the shelf sticker still says $27.90. They don't have any B-Wings on the shelf, so I'm going to try later to get the price difference back just using my old receipt. Wish me luck.

BTW, they also have lowered their figure price to $6.44.

Went to the TRU on State Street in Midavale and they still have a ton(15-16) of Tie Interceptors. No sign of the deluxe figures.

The TRU in Orem has plenty of the Vader wave, plus some of the Maul/speeder and Obi-wan/mini-bongo.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Post Shmi and Obi at Fred

Downtown Salt Lake Fred Meyer (400s 500e?) had about six EACH of the JTG Obi and Shimi Tuesday at 5pm. No sign of deluxe figures or even allocated shelf space...

I've been looking for the last week or more for those reduced B-wings. Looks like they have been cleaned out.