Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah anyone?

I haven't seen any of the B-Wings since the price dropped to $19.90. The Super Target by SouthTowne Mall is sold out and so is the Orem Target.

Yeah swatter, I don't think we'll be seeing anymore B-Wings unless they fall out of a scalper's car on their way to a swap meet. I went by the Orem Target to try to get them to give me the difference back. They were kind of jerks about it in that they were very condescending. I guess if they don't have any on the shelf you have to return yours first and then wait until it's put back on the shelf and then be the lucky one to find it and then purchase it at the lowered price.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I actually found two b-wings yesterday at the Target by Southtowne mall. They were priced at 19.90. I picked one up so that I could get the difference back on my original purchase. I left the other one there. I was actually surprised to see them on the shelf. I was there last weekend and there were none to be found anywhere.

Re: Shmi and Obi at Fred

Originally posted by deanpaul
    Downtown Salt Lake Fred Meyer (400s 500e?) had about six EACH of the JTG Obi and Shimi Tuesday at 5pm. No sign of deluxe figures or even allocated shelf space...
    The Orem Fred Meyer still has labeled pegs for them, but the pegs are still empty.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

B-wing

Found a B-wing at the Shingle Creek (Minneapolis) Target over the weekend. They had two. Also visited a TRU - same sale stuff as us. Tattoine Maul anyone? Nothing else remarkable at either place.

Any deluxe finds in the valley?

Deanpaul

I hit the local outlets on Sat. in Utah Valley, but nothing new. There was one kind of banged up TIE interceptor at the Orem TRU, but no new figures, deluxe or otherwise.

One interesting note: KBYU had ANH on Friday night from 9-11. It was heavily edited though, but not to take out the more violent scenes. I thought it funny that an LDS church media outlet would have a movie with so much violence like shootouts, choking, and dismemberment.

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Over on the Collecstarwars boards someone reported finding the Luke and Darth Maul deluxe figures at the Orem Fred Meyers.

Originally posted by swatter
    Over on the Collecstarwars boards someone reported finding the Luke and Darth Maul deluxe figures at the Orem Fred Meyers.
    Did they say how much they were going for at Fred Meyers?

Hello they are $9.99and they have one set left so hurry

Today (Saturday): Tons of Deluxe Luke and Maul at Orem Wal-Mart (like 40 or more Luke, and at least 15 Maul), in the action figure aisle, 9.96 each. They also had a bunch of Shmi and Obi-Wan training (in the clearance aisle, but not clearance priced).

I was not too impressed with the deluxe Maul. The photos on the Hasbro site make it look much better. The Luke was pretty impressive, but it doesn't do much for me. Bring on Amanaman and Leia...
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com