Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Toy-Line

Post Best Toy-Line

Hey all,

Just wanted to know what's your favorite star wars toy-line is so far POTF2, Episode 1, POTJ, or the Saga Line. Either in sets or just certain figures. Tell me what you think
    "I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan we meet again at last" (ANH)

"The circle is now complete, when I left you I was but the learner now I'am the master" (ANH)

"It would be a honor, if you would joy us" (ESB)

"Luke help me take this mask off, (Luke but you'll die) nothing can stop that now. For once let me look on you with my own eyes" (ROTJ)

They all have their ups and downs.

POTF2
    Pro: All Classic Trilogy, Large line, wasn't to hard to find new figuret(for the most part), Commtech Stormtrooper/Vader/R2.
    Con: Scale, R5-D4, early steroid sculpts, and R5-D4.

Episode 1
    Pro:...I saved a lot of money not buying many of these.
    Con: I didn't want to collect these.

POTJ:
    Pro: Great Sculpts, good variety, good mixture of main and background characters.
    Con: Clean Biker Scout was hard to find.

Saga:
    Pro: Nice Sculpts, lowest cost per figure, accessories, head variations for army builders, Ephant Mon.
    Cons: Action Gimmicks, mostly ATOC characters

My favorite....POTJ
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

While my nostalgia says POTF2, realistically POTJ was the series I thought had the best figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

POTJ.

Sure the line had a few duds, (that awful General Leia springs to mind) but as a whole it was pretty amazing.

A great mix of resculpts. . . (That POTJ Tusken sure was pretty dang cool. Finally! A decent Lando! Oh, Wow! A new Snaggletooth! An un-buff Sandtrooper!)

New versions of unreproduced vintage figs . . . (FX-7! Egads I still can't get over how cool this guy is! Hasbro sure did him justice.)

And -- even better -- a steady stream of never before produced totally beyond obscure OT figs. . . (R4-M9! The Duro! R2-Q5! Boshek!)

Yeah, definitely POTJ. All the way. Dang! That line nearly bankrupted me.
    Last edited by mark2d2; 04-16-2003 at 08:16 PM.

POTJ all the way. It's like it was a dream, and we're now awaken.
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

POTJ, hands down....because they had LANDO!!!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
    POTJ, hands down....because they had LANDO!!!

in your pants?

POTJ for me too. I like SAGA, too, but POTJ is the tops in my book.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Okay! Enough!

What exactly does Lando In My Pants mean anyway? It sounds, shall we say, decidedly UNheterosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that. God, knows I'm guilty as charged . . . .

Saga collection 2. great figures without the action gimmicks that ruined collection 1.

I liked POTJ and the Saga the best. The gimmicks really don't bother me because I don't open them. POTJ had alot of nice sculpts. Saga because they didn't wait for a new line to put out older figures.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten