Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Funny commercials

What funny commercials have you seen lately?

I've been seeing one for a drug to help your joints, it might've been for arthritis. It started w/ a shot of Frankensteins monster doing his classic walk w/ arms straight out. Then it cuts to him in an arm chair talking about how this drug has helped his joints. The image cuts between different shots- Frank. excercising, doing yoga, enjoying his "new life".
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

That one is funny.

It seems to me they never play the really funny ones as much as they do the stupid ones they think are funny. Case in point: The commercial for, was it, Church's fried chicken? Anyway, where they're eating chicken and the guy picks up the phone and the grease makes it go flying out of his hand and it pops the other guy in the head and knocks him out, and they eat his chicken. Now that's funny. They played that commercial for maybe a month, and I've never seen it since. One of the few commercials that made me laugh every time I saw it, and they don;t play it.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I like the Geico Insurance commercials. I don't know if Geico is all over the states but it's here in California and their commercials are hilarious.

The motto now is "Geico, NOT Gecko!"

One of my favs is a woman running down the middle of the street, tossing hand signals as she's turning. She's got a bumpersticker on her bum that reads "My child is an Honors student at so and so school" Then they show her run up to a parking space at the school and she has a can of that noise that people blow at football games, sounds like a horn, and this car tries to pull in behind her and she blows her canned horn at it and then starts calling her daughter, like she's picking her up from school in a car, 'cept she's got no car because she couldn't afford insurance...it's pretty darn funny.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I usually have absolutely no use for commercials. I think that they're pointless and unimaginative and usually just stupid. The only thing they're good for is if you need to get a drink or go to the bathroom during a show... I think that all commercials should be black and white, with a picture of the product and a small synopsis of what the product is and what it does.

But one that I find currently amusing is the new Snapple commercial. It's a pardoy of the "running of the bulls", using the Snapple bottles as the people and Guinea Pigs as the bulls. I don't know why, but I'm fond of it.

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

I saw a Bud commercial the other night that was pretty good. This guy's sitting on the couch when his girlfriend sits next to him wearing her exboyfriend's shirt. The guy asks her why she doesn't wear his shirts, whereupon she replies that his are too small. After the spiel about how Bud is such a great product it flashes back to the couple. The girl is looking at the guy's hands and commenting on how small they are.

Juvenille, I know, but it hit me as funny.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The funniest one I've seen recently is the TRU Easter sale commercial with gazillions of bunny rabbits singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail." I had no idea, prior to seeing that commercial, what an acid flashback must be like.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I like most of the Sprint PCS commercials where the people get the wrong message from the person using a "cheap" mobile service.

The "monkey with a cold" one was the best of all. That little monkey was so cute with his blanket and box of tissues. I miss the little guy...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    I like most of the Sprint PCS commercials where the people get the wrong message from the person using a "cheap" mobile service.

The "monkey with a cold" one was the best of all. That little monkey was so cute with his blanket and box of tissues. I miss the little guy...
    That is a great one and he is SOOOOO adorable...sweet lil sick monkey head

I also like the one with Captain and Tenille...hilarious!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    The funniest one I've seen recently is the TRU Easter sale commercial with gazillions of bunny rabbits singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail." I had no idea, prior to seeing that commercial, what an acid flashback must be like.
    It is something like that, very similar.

I like the Sierra Mist commercials alot. I also like the Mountain Dew Code Red commercial where the guy smacks the Basketball from the mascots hands.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I've tried to remember all day today, but I still can't remember this commercial I saw earlier this week. I was laughing my butt off for about 5 minutes after it ended.

Think, think, nope I'll just have to hope to see it again.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!