Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The galaxies most brilliant minds...

I was thinking this just today. Not to come off pretentious, 'cuz I may be an exception to the rule, but it seems to me that Star Wars fans are of above average intelligence and possess a generally refined sense of humor.

Take the folks on this board, for instance. We may be a bit overly obsessed with Lucas's vision and a tad geeky, but there are some derned smart people posting on 'dese here threads.

Not only that, but Star Wars fans I know personally are generally smarter than the average bear.

Funny ... and somewhat curious considering the movies aren't really intellectual. Perhaps a more developed imagination is the key.

I must ponder this further...
    [color=blue][size=1][b]I was a card collecting, figure hording monstrosity...[/b][/size][/color]
    [color=green][size=1]"We're humorous, and we stand a better chance under that guise, because all the serious ones like Martin Luther King and JFK got shot."[/size][/color]
    [color=green][i][size=1]-John Lennon[/size][/i][/color]

I think it is a wide range... I have met some really smart Star Wars fans, and I know some really really really stupid ones.
    Powdered Toast Man!

I have yet to find any correlation between intelligence and the liking of Star Wars.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

aaaah... perhaps i have just been blessed withn a narrow scope of exposure which happened to include a bunch'a' braniacs..
    [color=blue][size=1][b]I was a card collecting, figure hording monstrosity...[/b][/size][/color]
    [color=green][size=1]"We're humorous, and we stand a better chance under that guise, because all the serious ones like Martin Luther King and JFK got shot."[/size][/color]
    [color=green][i][size=1]-John Lennon[/size][/i][/color]

I'm at the lower end of the intellectual scale, but still enjoy posting here none the less. I think it has something to do with the brain surgery I had at the age of 8.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Me fink dis a gudd fing to likin' it got monstas and guns and stuff. Me likin da girlies wot ave got no clothes on in da monsta places and da bars. Me not likin all da talkin stuff an that. One day me gonna have a car dat flies. gonna go to da moon an shoot fings. When me finish doin dis mesna test dat is.... my brain hurt.

What was that you were saying about a refined sense of humor?
    May the force be with you.

HUMOR! I gotts your humor right here buddy!

Ahhhhh...forgots what mesa gunna say. Bye.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"