Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Shockwave makes a transmission to someone he addresses as "commander" or something like that. I'm about 99% sure.

And about the comment about Vol I having bland characterization, I was referring to Dreamwave's first volume. Marvel's series (for the most part) rocked.

EP (and everyone else), the first issue of the new "Guide to" book, More Than Meets the Eye, hits shelves next week. Hopefully it will fill in some of the gaps.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    The dialogue goes as follows:

'Con Flunkie: Commander, Incoming signal from security team Dion.

Shockwave: Grant them access. Greetings, COMMANDER. It pleases me to report that we have successfully secured the Decepticons.

Commander: What's their present status?

Shockwave: They have been placed within suspended animation for the duration of the voyage...where they should pose no forseeable threat. Unfortunately, the Autobots were able to escape. However based on your experience, it seems logical that you are better suited to procure them.

Commander: Transmit their most recent coordinates. our estimated time of arrival is 200 Breems.

And so it goes...Shockwave is reporting to somebody.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I am pretty confident that it is just weak dialouge there. Ultra Magnus is the commander of the Dion team. Commander has always been his rank. Well City Commander, but close enough.

Everything I have read about later issues firmly states that Shockwave is the leader. We'll see next month.

BTW, More than Meets the Eye #1 comes out today. This should be the definitive guide to characters in Dreamwave's continuity.

Now that you mention it, I think you may be right.

I also like the Dion reference. Dion was Orion Pax's best friend in the Episode "War Dawn" when the Aerialbots go back in time to witness Prime's creation. Is it possible Dion was rebuilt into Ultra Magnus?

And what's with Devastator and Superion being so freakin' HUGE?!?! The last time I checked, stacking a dumptruck on top of a mixer and a backhoe didn't make a ten story robot.

Let's talk Trannies. I was at my parents house and dug around in the basement for the old Marvel Series and read through a great bunch of them. I now know why Wildman's pencils were so awesome...it was because Jose Delbo's SUCKED. Man, no wonder Transformers got cancelled. They threw away mass amounts of readership by letting that hack stay on as long as he did. By the time Wildman showed up, it was too late. Other goofy things about the original Marvel series.

The Mechanic.
    A Lame Super Team created by G. B. Blackrock.
    Ratbat in charge of the Decepticons.
    Bludgeon in charge of the Decepticons.

The concept of introducing new Transformers every other issue, then never hearing from them again. Part of this was because Joes Delbo drew everybody the same (box on box on box) and I never liked Pretenders.

Now I'm going to read the 12 issue limited series:

Transformers: Generation2.

The biggest complaint I had with Delbo was his inconsistency. Like how suddenly he decided Soundwave had a mouth.

Geoff Senior was an awesome artist. Dwayne Turner's art on the first appearance of the Neo-Knights was lousy, but he got better on the short-lived Cage series. Mark Texeira provided the cover to #4 (check out the signature on Megatron's back) and Jim Lee drew the best Galvatron I've ever seen for one of his two guest covers.

Whatever happened to the Roadjammers? Introduce humans with the ability to off Transformers, give them a motive to return, then promptly forget about it.

Or this glaring inconsistency:
    Bumblebee from TF #1: "So much of this world is water, and Bumblebee's little levers [!!!] love a good swim."
    A Throttlebot from part 2 of the horrible Scraplets story: "Water? We have no substance like that on our home world of Cybertron."

BTW, I picked up MTMTE #1 yesterday. I guess the Micromaster Barrage overrode the Insecticon Barrage. And no clues whatsoever on continuity, as we were promised. However, the Duocons and the Triple Changers were both apparently results of Shockwave experimenting.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The chick on Jim Lee's other guest cover was HOT. She made me keep collecting until the end, hoping she'd show up on another cover. Plus she beheaded one of those annoying Pretenders, so bonus there. I hate Transformers that don't look like Transformers.

The painted cover of Shockwave, issue #5 is a classic. Who did that one?

Don't forget about RAAT. (Not to be confused with RATT). They sucked. (actually they both sucked, so feel free to confuse them if you want...)

Barrage...Barrage...was he a deluxe Insecticon? They never showed up anywhere did they? Comics? Cartoons? The only thing I ever saw them in was the checklist.

The Deluxe Insecticons were not in the cartoon. The Marvel stuff was before my time, though I did read the first G2 issue at a Grocery store.

On a semi-related note, I got Fortress Maximus today! I made a thread in the Other forum about him.

Barrage was a Deluxe Insecticon. He and his brethren, and also the two Deluxe Autobots (the jeep and the helicopter, whose names I can't remember) never showed up in anything, not even Marvel's Transformers Universe, and only rarely on store shelves. Still, they deserve better than being replaced by stinkin' Micromasters. All Micromasters sucked, except Roadblaster and Blackjack.

Adam, I highly recommend putting out the graphic novels reprinting TF #56-80 and TF Generation 2 #1-12. Excellent reading, even if the art in Generation 2 is sometimes not really TF appropriate.

Saw details yesterday on the Dreamwave GIJoe vs Transformers comic. Set in 1939, an ally (or rival) of Hitler known as Cobra Commander teams with mysterious robots called the Decepticons. Looks pretty interesting; I guess it could be called a "Transformers Elseworlds" comic.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I cant decide which will be better.. the Dreamwave series, or the one Devil's Due is putting out.