Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    The Devil's Due one has some goofy lookin' art. At least the ad for it has goofy lookin' art. The Joes are waaay too stylized to the point of distraction.

Whirlwind was the 'copter and Roadmaster (? Road something anyway..Road breaker? Road taster? Road Grover?) was the Humvee lookin' thing. I have him.

Rereadin' the vintage books lately. I like how they introduced Smokescreen, Hoist, Tracks, Skids, and Grapple. Ratchet goes into this big speech how they can't repair any of their fallen comrades for lack of spare parts, then they replenish their ranks by beaming stored personality crystals into FIVE BRAND NEW AUTOBODIES Could we not strip down the five bodies to repair the others?

I've also ascertained when and where the Transformer comics ending was preordained. After a crappy storyline featuring Throttlebots and scraplets, they give us a filler issue with a reprint from the U.K. comic. And not just any filler issue. A filler issue with a CLIFFHANGER. So we'll waste another issue next month reading about the conclusion of the filler issue we never really cared about to begin with. So I'm guessing after four months of craptastic issues, many readers headed for the hills and the book never recovered and finally gave up the ghost with #80. Jose Delbo's art didn't help either. Powermaster Prime is constantly bending at an odd angle for no particular reason....

Flipped thru the MTMTE guidebook. Feh. Not impressed. Probably because it was crawling with Micromasters. They should have a scale thing in there. Here's Optimus, a normal sized Transformer, and here's a dinky Micromaster. And Why the heck is Alpha Trion in there?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    The Devil's Due one has some goofy lookin' art. At least the ad for it has goofy lookin' art. The Joes are waaay too stylized to the point of distraction.

I know what peice of art you are talking about. But luckily, DD is not going that route. http://www.newsarama.com/cgi-bin/ubb...c;f=2;t=000215

Sparkplug's first name was William according to issue #3...

Issue #3 really wreaked havoc with lots o' continuity. Cases in point:
    Spiderman's in the same universe (which includes the X-Men), so is G.I.Joe (vs. Transformers series). Oh, then so are the TFs. And since the X-Men crossed over with the Teen Titans (DC's universe), that means Superman, plus the Infinite Earths, and all the rest are, too.
    But scary thing is, I liked #3. Go figure. Ah youth; when facts were meaningless.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Hey! That means Snake-Eyes could flip out and Kill Superman before he wailed on his guitar!

I always considered 1-4 part of the Marvel Universe, and #5 on as an alternate universe. In the Marvel Universe all the Transformers got buried under the mountain again (including Shockwave) and are presumably buried there still.

Of course, you'd have to explain away Ratchet's visit to the Savage Land to rescue the Dinobots in issue #8.

And Circuit Breaker's cameo in one of the Secret Wars series. And J Jonah Jameson's cameo in The Snake Eyes Trilogy over in GIJoe.

Face it, the Marvel Universe is a mess.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It is a mess, but William Johnson's artwork in #7 and 8 was superb. If they'd kept him around instead of resorting to Delbo, the Marvel series might be going strong today.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Sparkplug's first name was William according to issue #3...
    ...and Irving according to issue #31. One way or another he's lying.

I knew Sparkplug couldn't be trusted. Shifty looking, beady little eyes...

Just thought I would give everyone a heads up that issue two is due in stores this week.

Huzzah! Did I mention my theory that Bob Budiansky secretly hated Transformers and plotted to destroy it by writing the most ridiculous stories he could think of during his tenure on the Marvel series? I mean seriously....Donny Finkleberg, Robot Master? Optimus Prime on a floppy disk? Micromasters pro wrestling?

No wonder people stopped reading...