Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    G.I.Joe is playing catch-up in June with two issues two weeks apart and then the first issue of the crossover series. Whoo hoo!

Josh Blaylock is great. It's great when fans write the books because they put mucho effort into it, rather than some hack who is just earning a paycheck (like some of those Marvel/DC guys).
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Did any of you guys pick up More then Meets the Eye #2 today? I wasn't able to hit the comic shop.

Since I wasn't impressed with #1 last month I didn't bother with #2 yesterday. I saw it on the rack, but I didn't even bother to flip thru it.

First and foremost, Dreamwave's site has an all-too-brief interview with Furman. He says five G1 characters will show up in Armada 14! We know Galvatron, we can surmise Unicron. Who else? Cyclonus, Scourge? Man, this is gonna be cool!!

Okay, I picked up More Than Meets the Eye #2 last night. Again, pretty cool pictures, mostly familiar info. It was fun to see Grimlock's entry on Sludge. ("Sludge dumb. Sludge slow, too.")

Some interesting (and confusing) hints as to the bigger picture of Dreamwave continuity.

1) Galvatron and Cyclonus were created by Unicron, and Galvatron used to be Megatron. However, since he pops up in the current mini-series, I'm assuming Scourge was not.

2) Unicron is a sort of all-powerful devil to the DW Transformers, since Bluestreak refers to Gears as playing "Unicron's advocate."

3) At some point, Cybertron and all the Transformers are deactivated, but then there's a "great reawakening." Shortly afterwards, Wheelie finds a mentally damaged Decepticon named Gnaw who becomes his sidekick of sorts.

4) Fort Max was co-leader of the Autobots after Prime vanished (I assuming when they crashed on Earth). The picture of his Headmaster component is listed as Spike, but there's no reference to Spike in the bio.

Interesting read. It makes me wonder how much continuity they've already decided on, and how much is written on the fly. . . .
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Did it specificly say 5 G1 characters, or just 5 characters from the past?

TF #3 is out today, as well as MTMTE #3. FYI.

The link I followed doesn't seem to be working, but have any of the rest of you seen the cover to and synopsis of #6? Shockwave with the Matrix?!?!?

And what Transformer might be undergoing the "ultimate recreation"? Hmm. Given the obvious nod to the movie at the end of issue #1, I'm guessing we'll see Galvatron soon!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Perhaps this is the same Galvatron that shows up in Armada? A way to link the two series together....

Picked up G1 #3. Dedicated to Robert Stack. Nice. Wheeljack is definitely alive in this one. Dialogue and everything.

I dig how this new series is shaping up. How and when did Megatron get ahold of the other four Dinobots? Man, they need to do a retro G1 series explaining everything between the crash and now.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Wheeljack is definitely alive in this one. Dialogue and everything.
    Ahh! When are they going to explain that?!

I dunno, but Jazz makes some crack about Wheeljack being an expert on coming back from the dead. Maybe the writer of this series agrees with El Chuxter that the writer of the limited series was a total dolt and decided to throw out Wheeljack's death?