Original Darth Vader helmet on eBay

Got $40,000+ burning a hole in your pocket? May I suggest this as a cure.

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/...category=28269
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Saw that last night... Pretty darn sweet..

It would be something for one of us forumites to win the lottery wouldnt it.. Give a few bucks to family and friends... then build that "other" house next to the new house.. you know, to hold the newest musem of orginal Star Wars stuf***e...

Ive been told in the past that if I were to win the lottery there would be no way I could spend it all - I dont think they take being a Star Wars collector into consideration...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Pretty cool piece. The additional viewing areas are really interesting. I wish I had that kind of cash to blow on something so...unnecessary. I'll just have to be happy with my own Don Post Deluxe Vader. That cost enough as it is.

Originally posted by stillakid
    I'll just have to be happy with my own Don Post Deluxe Vader.
    I must admit, I'm jealous.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    I must admit, I'm jealous.
    For what it's worth, I was just really lucky. I have the Don Post Deluxe Vader and Don Post Deluxe Biker Scout, and both were obtained under somewhat miraculous circumstances.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	donpostdeluxe.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	5757  

Lucky? I'd take lucky any day of the week. Now I'd consider Don Post making those helmets again being lucky for us. Are you listening Don?

Lucky? I'd take lucky any day of the week. Now I'd consider Don Post making those helmets again being lucky for us. Are you listening Don?
    As far as I know, Don Post is no longer creating or selling Star Wars product. They took a bath on the Episode I line. Great looking masks from that one, but the poor audience response from the movie itself really impacted their sales. I think that Rubies has the license for now, but they stick to the lower end "Halloween" stuff.

There are non-official customizers out there who make masks that in some ways are superior to what Don Post turned out.

For Bikerscout helmet's there are a couple options at the moment, though new outlets seem to pop up every once in a while. Go to www.bikerscout.net to browse those message boards.

www.501st.com is the place to go for regular Stormtrooper armor and other costuming resources.

http://rpf.prop-planet.com/index.php is the link for Replica Props Forum, where a whole host of non-official customizers discuss their projects.

I've almost finished putting together a complete BikerScout costume. My next goal is the Rocketeer. It'll be a little pricy, but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end.

Post a picture when your done with your Scout. How will it vary from the previous picture you posted a while ago?

Post a picture when your done with your Scout. How will it vary from the previous picture you posted a while ago?
    Since then, I've replaced my back and chest armor with more accurate ones. The belt is completely redone and is far more accurate. I have better boots, but they still need significant retooling to make them screen accurate, plus I have to acquire the holster for my resin blaster. I also now have more accurate gloves.

Essentially, most of my first acquisitions were "mistakes." It's better to take a little more time and wait for better pieces than to rush into the thing and spend money uselessly. But I wanted a costume for Halloween that year which is the reason why I settled.

Very nice.