Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boba Fett:Pit Of Carkoon(Review)

Boba Fett: The Pit Of Carkoon, in this review i'll go down to every little detail about weather or not this is the ultimate Boba Fett figure we(or at least I) have been waiting for.....so without further adue I bring to you Boba Fett: The Pit Of Carkoon....

Head~Perfect size and nice articulation(atleast on the one place that it moves) the antena, the colors are nice except that the red is a bit to vibrant, the "rust" affects add a nice touch to the helmit, i would have liked a bit more though.

Chest~Perfect chest armor nice paint well placed rust, my only complaint is the wookie scalps they look a bit weird, i would have liked to have them be a seperate peice like on the other Boba Fett figure.

Arms~Fixed pretty much in the "quick draw" action pose the paint is fine except for the red being to vibrant like on the helmit, his gloves have nice "white tips" which adds detail to the figure. The bad thing is that the arms are very loose and flimzy so that the quick draw action pose can work, this ends up taking away from the figure. Also, the Mandalorian logo on his left shoulder plate is dead on, its perfect. The green cloak is hanging from right above his shoulder, and is nice except for that it is just glued onto his armor, it seems a bit fragile.

Waist- Though it looks like there is, he has NO waist articulation, the puches are nicly done, but the pockets should be going around his entire waist-line not just the edges. He has 2 ligher colored brown puches hanging down, nothing really to complain about here, nothing that great either.

Legs~The sculpting is great, the color is great the only thing is the articulation its...weird! on his right leg, he has Leg, Knee and upper Knee articulation. On his left leg he has Leg and ancle articulation. This figure doesnt allow much creativity but in the fixed pose he looks great.

Rocket pack~Ouch, this is by far the worst part of the figure, the base of the pack is fine, but the rocket upper part....it's just a stump, it can be pressed down and when you do his arms move to make the "quick draw" pose i was talking about before.

Gun~Nothing bad about this, it comes with a "blast" effect to look like the gun is firing, the handle fits firmly in Boba's hand also.

Rockect blast effect~This is a fairly large peice of clear yellow and red/orange plastic, molded to resemble fire coming out of the bottom of his rocket pack, it really does add a cool effect to the figure, and when the blast effect is attatched he can use it to balance while he bends his right knee to make a cool flying pose!

Re: Boba Fett:Pit Of Carkoon(Review)

Originally posted by Ryo826

Waist- Though it looks like there is, he has NO waist articulation, the puches are nicly done, but the pockets should be going around his entire waist-line not just the edges. He has 2 ligher colored brown puches hanging down, nothing really to complain about here, nothing that great either.
    He does have waist articulation.

Also, his cloak isn't glued on, it has a little tab on it that fits into a small hole on his left shoulder.

He's a GREAT figure!!!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Wha!? He doesnt have waist articulation O_o

EDIT: LOL, Wow!! he does!! On mine it was just so stiff that I didnt even notice! Wow thanks for correcting me on that, and i didnt even notice about the cloak

EDIT: LOL - must be on at the same time DOH!

EDIT: Doesn't that make him that much more of a great fig?
    Last edited by Deoxyribonucleic; 04-21-2003 at 06:12 PM.

Yeah it really does

And you know what...I just customized my Boba Fett to make it way better, i'll have pics soon but untill than heres how I made it

1.Heat up the tip of a Paper clip with a candel
    2.use it to cut off the ugly rocket on his rocket pack
    3.file down the edges
    4.cut off the rocket from either the older Boba Fett figure or Boba Fett from Episode 2
    5.Glue new rocket on to pack

now heres the best part, you wont ruin the rocket pack you cut the rocket from cause it will look like the rocket has been fired

Of course now you wont be able to use the "quick draw" gimmic but i never really liked it anyways

I was thinking of using two of those small rubber bands used for braces to tighten the loose arms.

BTW, can't wait to see pics of your custom.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Heres the pic of my custom, keep in mind that the colors are off because of the flash from the camera heres what I did....

*Fixed his jetpack to look more like it does in the movie
    *added more rust(2 different colors) and scratches to the armor
    *added dirt to the shoes and lower leg area

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...sp?id_=2348306

There it is!

Looks great. I like how you gave him the "used" look, more realistic.

Definitely like the backpack addition.

I have to agree about the backpack from the packaged figure. If you look at the picture on the back of the package it has a painted sculpted rocket, but the packaged version of the figure looks horrible. With that said it still is an awesome figure
    "It's just about evidence, it's not up to you whether he lives or dies. The case has no face."