Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TRU Silver Clonetrooper

I saw somewhere that TRU and Hasbro will release the 2nd vacuum metalized figure: The Clone Trooper. Like R2, you'll have to buy $20 worth of Star Wars figures to get it as a free gift.

Hopefully they'll use one of the upcoming Clone Saga Clonetrooper sculpts, and not the existing preview or red one.
    Last edited by Jerjerrod; 04-21-2003 at 11:37 PM.
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

Opps, I just wrote the same whilst you posted this! Personally I would have thought a silver Stormtrooper would ahve been cooler. But I'd be happy with this figure.

As long as it's easy to get hold of. I had to buy the R2 from an online retailer as I don't live in the USA and so it was the only way to get one.

Originally posted by RussUAE
    Opps, I just wrote the same whilst you posted this! Personally I would have thought a silver Stormtrooper would ahve been cooler. But I'd be happy with this figure.

As long as it's easy to get hold of. I had to buy the R2 from an online retailer as I don't live in the USA and so it was the only way to get one.
    I here ya, a Stormtrooper would have rocked! Preferably the CTC Stormie, or even POTJ Sandtrooper. I also had to buy my silver R2 on Ebay, because Canadian TRU's don't give squat. Chances are, I'll have to BUY this "free" gift again.
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

Nah if they made a Stormtrooper one, I'd rather it be based off the one in the upcoming 4-pack but with a turned hand to hold his rifle and stand sentry. He'd look sweet next to a Vader, if we ever revolt and take over Hasbro thus being able to create tons more of'em.

I'd guess the Clone will be the Preview sculpt or the Yellow Clone sculpt from the upcoming 3-pack, however since they seem to be doing things the easiest ways possible, they'll like use the Preview sculpt. It also more accurate as the Yellow Clone sculpt is holding his rifle with his left hand as the main grip when it should be his right.

Overall it'd be nice to get a few of these, maybe for special sentry Clones?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Sounds good to me. Still fuming over the Fett #'s - obviously won't ever see that one....

if it will be as easily accessible as the silver R2 (my TRU still has about 30 poieces all in a bin for 7,50 each) then I will get it (actually it would be the first silver fig I want and even buy)
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Known about this for a few months but awaiting confirmation as I don't like to post rumors... seeing as it's just about what I was told, it may be true.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

That's why you're the king Steve. No half arsed rumor monger here.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Ummm . . . what's going on? This thread makes no sense, could someone post a link to the site that talks about the silver clone?

TRU "supposedly" is going to have another promo this year with the release of the BIG BOOK. This time, instead of R2, we get a "silver' Clonetrooper. Possibly the same deal, buy $20 worth of stuff, get a free silver Clone.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!