Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    You also have to consider that, for the most part, the people who really wanted them got them. Part of the lowering auctions could be b/c of the variety of replicas to choose from.

In the future MR may be getting some competition from Code 3 for the high end collectibles.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Nice Score at $350 jedihunter25 !

To answer Darkross’s question, it’s difficult to say whether or not it was worth the investment. I wanted it, so it that regard it was worth it. I didn’t pay much more that original retail, so that was good…but when I look at the Luke Jedi saber compared to the Vader saber, the Dooku saber or some of the others, it doesn’t seem as detailed, and it doesn't seem to be made up from as many pieces. It’s beautiful, don’t get me wrong. But its tough to justify these things sometimes.

I got my Yoda saber today (number 1609 / 2500) and My Rubies Yoda came today as well (number 1793 / 10,000) so other than the Maul saber, I truly have everything I wanted in the prop replica category…for now J

Yodas Lightsaber

Rubies Yoda

I recently shifted my focus when it comes to Star Wars. I am first and foremost a vintage GI Joe collector, but I have always had a thing for Star Wars. In the early 90’s I had a near complete vintage figure collection but when Hasbro began releasing figures again in the mid 90’s I sold it all. Then when the first round of discounts came through KB, I began picking up all of the new figures (mostly at a deep discount) and over time, I had a nearly complete collection of new figures, vehicles and Playsets. After the first wave of AOTC figures came out, I had given up.

A few months ago, I thinned out my collection. I sold off a lot of the “big” items (vehicles, ships, beasts, etc) and kept just the figures. About a month ago, I decided to sell off all of the figures as well. I just did a deal to sell them all off in one big lot to a dealer. I took approx a 50% loss off of retail, but I picked up at least half of them for like $2 each, so I figure it was a wash…and I can accept the loss given the current state of action figure collecting in general.

This is not to say that I have given up collecting SW memorabilia…I turned the money I got from selling the collection into a different type of SW collecting, what I have been calling more "adult" collectibles (the Master Replicas releases, the Yoda, original SW movie posters, Mini Busts, statues, etc)

Selling off the “toys” is not for everyone, but for me it was the right move…and I really enjoy the items I have now, as opposed to having an attic full of carded figures and boxed vehicles that I may never display.

I totally understand where your coming from, about thinning your collection. I've been reading comics since I can remember, and I've been actively collecting since I got my first job at 14 (19 years ago). I'm considering donating most of the collection (saving Spider-Man and SW) to 2 local childrens hospitals for the tax write off.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Originally posted by barry kay
    I got my Yoda saber today (number 1609 / 2500)
    That's cool, my Yoda saber number is 1608.

I too started getting into more "adult" Star Wars collecting. It started last year with getting the Pepsi lifesize Yoda and the R2-D2 cooler. In fact my girlfriend still owes me a Star Wars Trilogy Pinball machine (she's still saving and almost up there) from a bet that she made with me last year- she bet me that the Red Wings was NOT getting the Cup last year. I didn't get into MR until the end of January. I always wanted them, but didn't persue it. At that time (like many others) I was fed up with Hasbro. I've been collecting since 95' and I was getting real tired of the new action features, action poses, and most of all- the same remakes over and over again. You couldn't (and still in alot of places) find new figs in the stores. And to top it off, the most of the new figs were remakes again. Alot of my friends that started collecting when I did- stopped collecting along time ago because of these reasons. One of these guys painted their whole entire room black (so that it looked liked space) and had like 500 Stormtroopers, 150 Snowtroopers, 150 Hoth Rebel Troopers, 125 Sandtroopers, and so on. Now he doesn't collect anymore. Another one didn't have a job for 4-5 months (this was a while back) and his girlfriend gave him money for gas everyday to find one- he used the gas money to walk up to the store (in -10 degree weather) and buy TONS of Froot Loops so he can get the Han Solo mail away figure. He was crazy . He had them mailed to all his realitives,friends, even EX-GIRLFRIENDS houses. He ended up with around 100 of them. Now he doesn't collect anymore. But I did recently talk him into picking up the Imperial Shuttle, why and how?- It wasn't a remake. Let's face it, if you been die-hard collecting since 95', you really don't have room for remakes.
    I myself still collect and will never sell or get rid of my collection. BUT Hasbro's screw-ups did turn me to Master Replicas which is more of a priority than collecting figures that I already have 10 or so different versions of already. If it wasn't for Hasbro announcing that they were going to end the silly action features/poses and finally getting to other characters (like Poggle,Waitress Droid,Wat Tambor,and so on) I would have stopped like everybody else I know.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

Here is my list:

Darth Vader SE: 130/1000
    Count Dooku: 1110/3500
    Darth Maul SE: 90/1500
    Luke Skywalker ROTJ: 1420/2500
    Obi Wan: 2306/2500
    Yoda: 378/2500
    May the force be with You!!!!!

Here is my number breakdown thus far:

Obi-Wan Ep II- 54 of 2500
    Dooku- 270 of 3500

Re: MASTER REPLICAS- What numbers do you have?

Originally posted by jedihunter25

Here is my list-
    Yoda LE saber- 1608/2500
    Darth Vader(ANH) LE saber- 3823/7500
    Count Dooku LE saber- 1992/3500
    Darth Maul LE saber- 243/3000
    Jedi Training Remote- 260/2500
    UPDATED

Han Solo blaster- 204/1500
    Obi-Wan (AOTC) LE saber- 436/2500
    Luke (ROTJ) LE saber- 552/2500
    Luke (ESB) LE saber- 48/2500

You got your Luke ESB Saber already! WOW, mine will be here next thursday (I was in flight 2)

How about a quick review...how do you like it?

Originally posted by barry kay
    You got your Luke ESB Saber already! WOW, mine will be here next thursday (I was in flight 2)

How about a quick review...how do you like it?
    It's really cool !! It's not ellegant and fancy (like Dooku's and (AOTC) Obi-Wan's) but I also dig them this way- old school / O.T. style with strange and bulky parts on it- like Vader's ANH saber which was my first saber that got me into collecting MR.

Ok, I finally got around to looking.

Darth Vader 291/7500

Woohoo!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett