Any Chaplin fans here?

Hey, is anyone else on the boards a huge fan of the man who graces my avatar? I started getting into old Chaplin movies back when I was a kid and some station used to show some of his old clips. I've bought a few of his movies on VHS, most recently Gold Rush and City Lights. The latter has a short on it called Payday which is hilarious and brilliant.

I love Chaplins comedic genius, and the fact that he composed music for, produced, wrote, and directed a lot of his films. Back in the days before CGI and "special effects", when you were good it meant being really good, and he was the best, IMO. I have never seen anyone do physical comedy like that, and there likely will never be anyone as good. This guys moves were unreal, anyone who's never checked it out should.

So anyone into Mr. Chaplin, even a little bit? His daughter Geraldine has been in a lot of movies, she looks almost just like him. Other than that, the name "Chaplin" is scarcely mentioned.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

"Chaplin. More like, Craplin."
    --David Spade--

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm not exactly a Chaplin fan (only because I've not seen many of his films) but I do remember enjoying 'The Great Dictator.'

Originally posted by Caesar
    "Chaplin. More like, Craplin."
    --David Spade--

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm not exactly a Chaplin fan (only because I've not seen many of his films) but I do remember enjoying 'The Great Dictator.'
    When did Spade say that, shame on him!
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I like his movies.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Originally posted by Fulit
    When did Spade say that, shame on him!
    It was during an episode of SNL's Hollywood Minute.

The comment was actually directed at the film "Chaplin" starring Robert Downey, Jr. Since it was released in 1992, that must be when Spudley made the joke.

Is the Chaplin biopic any good?
    I've never seen it, but I certainly like the cast listing (including Geraldine Chaplin as her own mother?)

Chaplin is great, although I have a preferrence for Keaton. Chaplin may have been more endearing, but Keaton was much more fun to watch in my opinion.
    That kind of reminds me - we've got a great movie about Chaplin's life, but no Keaton movie?