Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Two-Pack Revival!

Teebo has recently appeared on the distant horizon (i.e.; has shown up on a SKU list but no pictures yet) and appears to be flying solo. Hopefully he will be accompanied by some compelling accessories or we shall all feel a bit taken. What happened to our two-packs for smaller characters. Again when Hasbro gets something right, they soon forget that fact. We need Ewoks en masse and the two-pack is the only answer. Someone more familiar with the bulk of the Ewok names should feel free to post their own ideal pairings to give a good mix of distinctive and less distinctive Ewoks.
    Also in need of the two-pack treatment? Kitster and Wald. I mean, come on Hasbro, both of these supporting, "bit" characters had spoken lines! It would be so wizard to have this pair!
    Of course there is the suggestion that there would have been Pod Racer Two-Packs if you look at the listings in the Picture Archives. I am all for this as well. The idea of the Pod Racers is that most are diminutive races, ideally suited for the cramped quarters of the tiny pods. I much prefer the idea of two Pod Race pilots per pack than a pilot and a worthless Pit Droid. If, by nature of those that have been released verses those that have not been released, we should have an odd number of remaining pilots, I would concede one of them coming with a dome-headed pit droid in unique colors would be appropriate. Again, someone with a better knowledge than I of the names can post a goodly list mixing screen-shown racers with the remaining pilots in two-packs.
    Also from Episode I, the PK Droid two pack (those little, chrome silver droids that appear in the background on the Trade Federation flagship and on the battlefield (post battle) collecting Battle Droid parts into a pile). A great accessory would be a molded Battle Droid remains pile and about six or seven vairious pieces (like torsos with one arm and blast points and loose heads). Make sure to make them chromed and not just painted silver, otherwise they will look terrible.
    And finally, my often repeated dream two-pack (outside of Kitster and Wald), the infamous Bubo & Jawa (with palm frond fan) two-pack!
    There you have it, my ideals for the return of the two-packs. And remember, I am not talking large card two-packs like the Max Rebo Band Pairs. More along the lines of the Jawas, Ugnaughts, Ewoks, Jawa/Gonk, Gasgano/Pit Droid, and Odie Mandrel/Pit Droid two-packs.

JediCole, I think your Jawa/Bubo idea is brilliant! I would be all over the PK Droid two-pack if it was done the way you suggested. I could live without most of the podracers, especially Ben Quadrinaros, but more Ewoks in two-packs are necessary! Bring them on!

Thumbs up

I have to agree. Teebo should be packed with another ewok. I too would love to see Wald & Kitster 2-pack. It is the best way to get those smaller figures.

As for Bubo, I am hoping that he will be included with Ephant Man.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Registered
    British Columbia, Canada... yeah I'm one of those freekin' Canadians!
    Who is Bubo?
    Shoulda just called it Attack of the Killer Clones

Thumbs up bubo

Bubo is that frog/dog thing that guards inside Jabba's palace.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Two packs...yep, we need Ewoks, Pod racer pilots and Droids.

Bubo with a Jawa would be awesome too!!
    As always...........L

Thumbs up

It would be cool to see:

Yarna D'al Gargan w/ Hoover
    Wookie Senator w/ ET senator
    Wald w/ Kitster
    Hem Dazon w/ Dice Ibegon
    Weazel w/ female Twi-lek
    and of course

I have hope for Bubo coming with Ephant Man.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Arrow |) ...this is supposed to be a bow and arrow set!

Ewoks we don't have in POTF2 or POTJ versions:

Teebo (maybe on the way)
    Lumat
    Paploo
    Chief Chirpa
    Kneesa (if you believe the cartoon)
    Romba
    Ewoklings (pack-ins?)

How about amking these droids that make Hasbro polls as pack-ins?

p.s. I'm trying to see if this comes out as a better bow and arrow icon: |) > We'll see...
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 09-02-2001 at 04:19 PM.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Teebo due out January 2002. Paploo likely to be packed with AT-ST and speeder bike due out in January 2002.

Which leaves:
    Romba and Warok.
    Chief Chirpa and Lumat.
    Ewok with imperial helmet xylophone,
    Ewok with drums,
    Female Ewok with Wokling,
    Dead Ewok with grieving Ewok,
    Deluxe Ewok with 3PO on throne.

They could do a 2-pack of PK droids, one of the version used in the movie and one of the version they used for live action shots they never used. Both are cool and wuld look even cooler carded together.
    Last edited by Jargo; 09-06-2001 at 07:13 PM.

finally someone wants more ewoks!!

I agree with the idea of two packs and its even feasible now with EP1 coming on DVD and we'll be able to see all the podracers! Have you seen some of them on the official site? They look pretty cool. Hopefully Teebo has another Ewok with him or at least a big accessory.
    Another idea to get more Ewoks out would be an Ewok catapult deluxe playset with the catapult, 3-4 ewoks to man it and maybe an Ewok Rope team like the one that try to trip the AT-ST. But once EP2 hits all the old stuff will be put on hold I think. At least until after the buzz dies down.

" Pork is not a verb!"