Is this real, or a knock off?

Ebay Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise

I was shopping on eBay, when I came across this. First I think the person is nuts for starting the bidding so high, next, I don't recall their being a Stormtrooper Luke back in the vintage era. The body looks like something from the early Kenner years.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

It's a real knockoff.

It looks legit to me, the pic is a bit fuzzy but the sculpt looks accurate.
    There was indeed a vintage Stormie Luke released in the POTF line and that pic looks like all the ones I've seen over the years.

The figure shown looks exactly like my old Luke Stormtrooper. This figure and Han Solo in Carbonite were the last two figures I bought while I was a child. Now, some twenty years later -- I wish I would have left these in the package -- oh well!!

This is the real thing.
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

Thanks, I don't remember the Luke in Stormtrooper disguise, but then I don't remember to much from those early collecting days. I just went through my vintage figures, but found that I didn't get one of those. Actually, I might have had one, but my mom threw away a bunch of my figures from that time. And just because I don't remember it, doesn't mean it wasn't made.

Thanks!

I personally don't remember this fig at all. But I stopped collecting right around the time Kenner starting attaching those coins to figs. I wasn't into what seemed to me rehashes of previously released figs. So no POTF, or Droids, or Ewoks cartoon figs. But I really think I would have heard about a vintage Luke in stormtrooper disguise.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

I remember this figure and I remember really wanting this Luke. One of the last Star Wars figures I got as a kid was Warok who came on a 92 back card of course, a card which I later lost. So later when I'd till friends (who at that time didn't care) about the POTF figures, I was told I was crazy.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Exclamation

This was the one I also drooled over, once I saw it on the back of my POTF Lando General figure's card; that and the Imperial Gunner. I found both on the secondary market (about $35 each, Luke was carded, Gunner loose). Actually, the $79 US price is about average (maybe a tad above average) for a loose Luke Trooper.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    This was the one I also drooled over,
    Same, and now I look at his misproportioned lil' pinhead and still love him so!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I too never had this figure. I had stopped collecting as well when they started putting the coins with them. I really wanted this figure and Amanaman at the time but never got them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I remember seeing the coined figures, and wanting them all, but because I was only bringing in very little money, I had to pick and choose. I remember passing on some of the figures, that I now wished I had bought.

Yes, Luke does look a little funny with his tiny head, but the figures from that time all looked a little funny, I mean I was looking at my Lando, and I laughed. I'm so much happier with "most" of the sculpts of today.