Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2003 Saga Lightsabers, Better Quality?

I just noticed that 6 figures (maybe more if you count Ashla & Jempa which I don't have yet) Aayla, Barriss, SC Anikin, Yoda, Chian, & Darth Tyranus all have lightsabers that don't "come apart". Meaning that they more resemble POTJ lightsabers & are more sturdy.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a trend that will continue? You think Hasbro has fixed the lightsaber issue? Let's hope!

Re: 2003 Saga Lightsabers, Better Quality?

Originally posted by mm74md
    I just noticed that 6 figures (maybe more if you count Ashla & Jempa which I don't have yet) Aayla, Barriss, SC Anikin, Yoda, Chian, & Darth Tyranus all have lightsabers that don't "come apart". Meaning that they more resemble POTJ lightsabers & are more sturdy.
    If you're talking non-removable blades, then Tyranus actually has one. If you just mean as far as quality and that they don't break as easily, well, then I might agree with you.
    But the 2003 Darth Tyranus figure does have a removable blade - the blade comes off attached to the saber guard at the top.

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

My Barriss has a removable blade. That's why I was able to give her a proper blue blade instead of the green one she came with. Lman316 is right about Tyranus but I don't know the rest you indicated.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Hasbro says that 2003 sabers will return to one piece. Dookus saber from the speeder set is a really nice saber. Perhaps a little chunky but really nicely made, as is Anakin's from the speeder set. I still don't see why they didn't pack a saber hilt with figures and a one piece saber, the way they did for episode one figures like obi. That worked fine then can't see why it wouldn't work now.

I thought they said 2004 sabers would be non-removable, not 2003. Even though I know Anakin's saber is one piece (not sure about the others, I don't have them). While most of the lightsabers from 2002 were fine for me, a few broke, so it's good now that they're back to one piece.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yeah I would like the episode 1 type sabers (one peice) but like the look of the metal hilts so maybe they could co both... and My Ayla has a removable, so when are the one peices starting?
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I thought they said 2004 sabers would be non-removable, not 2003. Even though I know Anakin's saber is one piece (not sure about the others, I don't have them). While most of the lightsabers from 2002 were fine for me, a few broke, so it's good now that they're back to one piece.
    Woops answered my question 2004
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

Weird, I wonder why mine all have 1 piece sabers? What are the copyright dates on yours? Mine all say 2003. I wonder if they made a batch with the removable & all the new batches have the one piece blades?

The only two piece blade I've seen in a while is the new Mace.

It looks like even the 2002 Saga figures have the "new" stlye 1 piece lightsabers. I just went to the mall during lunch and at KB the old Dooku, Anikin Hanger, Yoda, & Darth Maul all had the 1 piece sabers!