Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Movie Maniacs 5 And Tortured Souls...

I'd like to know (other than the Wishmaster and the Tooth Fairy) are there any Movie Maniacs figures from Series 5 that are still showing up at retail? For some stupid reason I'm only now deciding that I want Sarah Connor and the T-800 Endoskeleton. If anyone knows where I can get these (besides Ebay) let me know, would ya? Or if you can get them for me, send me a PM...

Also, I want to know the quality of those figures and the quality of the Tortured Souls figures. I haven't had very many McFarlane figures. I've had two Spawn toys and I have my Alien vs. Predator set and they seem to be okay, but I know that limbs breaking can be an issue. Has anyone had a problem with their other MM or Tortured Souls figures?

Thanks.

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

the Tortured Souls line is one of my favorite Mcfarlane lines, but you have to be very careful with them since they're really detailed with very small pieces and chaines that could break easily (although nothing yet has broken on my or my brother's set) but if you would for example drop one, you would definitly break something off
    as for the Movie Maniacs 5, I have Wishmaster, Endoskeleton and Tooth Fairy (closed mouth) and the quality is pretty good IMO, especially the highly detailed Endoskeleton, and I haven't had any problems with breaking anything or so
    sorry but no info on availability since I live in europe, but I can't find Sarah Conner anymore either since I decided that I do want her
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

I can get most at a local comic shop. Don't know about the sarah connor as she was the short pack but they have the tortured souls II and some of the MM 5. They are 9.99 or 10.99 a piece.

As for quality, what 187 Maul said.

Tortured Souls are one the my very favoritest, bestest toys I have. They are so incredibly detailed, it blows me away sometimes looking at them.

EDIT: There's also 2 versions of Sarah Connor that I know for sure, one with hat one without.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

there are actually 3 versions of Sarah Conner, one with hat and ponytail, one withour hat and ponytail and with without hat and open hair
    there are also two versions of the endoskeleton, one with a long and one with a short upper body (although the difference isn't that big, it's noticable)
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

I haven't seen anything except Wishmaster and Tooth Fairy at retail for the last few months. I think your best bet is online at this point.

Quality: What Maul and Deoxyribonucleic said. Only problem I've had was on the endoskeleton. One of the pistons came apart at the end. Just superglued it back into place = problem solved The Alien/Predator seem like the more solid McFarlane figs to me. Like Maul was saying, TS are more delicate due to the tiny details they put on 'em.

There are actually 3 versions of Sarah. I'm at work right now (working hard as you can tell!), but when I get home I'll try to dig 'em up and post a pic (I scored all three at TRU).

Originally posted by 187-Maul
    there are actually 3 versions of Sarah Conner, one with hat and ponytail, one withour hat and ponytail and with without hat and open hair
    there are also two versions of the endoskeleton, one with a long and one with a short upper body (although the difference isn't that big, it's noticable)
    Cool!

I did hear of a rumored 3rd variant but have never seen it before. Does McFarlen's site have pics of all three or anyone else?

EDIT: Can't wait to see the pics WOOHOO!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Here's those pics I promised. Sorry it's a little late, forgot I had some plans with my little lady after work.

My favorite is probably the hair down version. For some reason, it seems like she has the best likeness of the three (sorry if the pic is kinda blurry):

edit: The pic of all three at once came out pretty bad, I'm gonna post 'em individually instead. See the next few posts (it wouldn't let me change the attachment?)
    Last edited by jpak001; 04-26-2003 at 12:33 AM.

Ok, so here's the 1st:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sara connor1 (2).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	5793  

And the last. Once again, sorry about the crappy pic quality. I'm still learning this stuff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sara connor3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	5795