Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Year Later

One Year Later

Well, it's been a year and a day since the Saga line officially premiered. After one year, what do you think so far about these figures? Post your thoughts, favorites, least favorites, everthing! I'll post mine later.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Favorites: Ephant Mon, Dexter Jettster, Yoda: jedi master, Kit Fisto, Jango Fett: Kamino, Royal Guard, Anakin Hangar Duel, Luminara Unduli, Count Dooku, Luke bespin bloody stump, Chewbacca, and Teemto Pagalies. oh and endor soldier

Worst: Anakin: outland, padme: arena, Zam wessell, Taun We, Mace Windu: geonosian, Massif, Amidala coruscant, jango fett pilot, watto, and yoda: council.

Lightsabers: all are so cool!!!

12" best Ki Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Ultimate Jango

12" worst-- Amidala, Anakin 2nd one, Zam Wessell
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Liked: Realistic sculpts, continuation of OT characters, AOTC characters, articulation, more accessories.

Didn't Like: Package design, large bubble, action features, wide-legged poses, lower quality plastic, distribution and availability, not enough OT characters.

Favorites: Ephant Mon, Deluxe Clone Trooper, Pilot Clone Trooper, Boba Fett Carkoon, Aayla Secura, Bespin Darth Vader, Bespin Luke, Bespin Chewbacca, Djas Puhr, blonde Imperial Officer, Senator Palpatine, Jango Fett Final, Count Dooku, Trash Compactors, TRU X-Wing, TRU Landspeeder, TRU silver R2-D2.

Least Favorite: Red Clone Trooper, Anakin Peasant, Boba boy, Senator Binks, Mace Sceamdu, R2-D2 Flight, Padme arena.

Other: I look forward to almost ALL the upcoming 2003 figures.
    Last edited by Jerjerrod; 04-24-2003 at 07:40 PM.
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

I'm happy with it. I think the sculpts for the most part are right on! I do wish they would make those "statue" figs such as Luminara have more articulation so you can move them OUT of the statue pose!

Favs: Bespin Luke, Hoth Han, Bespin Escape Chewie, Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon, Aayla Secura, Ephant Mon, Padme Pilot, Djas Puhr, Dexter Jetster, clean and bearded Endor trooper, trash compactor sets, Senator Palpatine.

Least Favs: Senator Jar Jar, Flying R2 D2 Peasant Anakin, Qui Gon (they STILL haven't gotten his face right yet)

Action feature: some are alright, like the small magnets in the hands, other than that, I can do with out them.

Articulation: Glad they are getting creative and adding more joint articulation

Lightsabers: ROCK!!!

Paint Jobs: Pretty darn acurate
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I liked the SAGA line. The later part, especially. Favorites (Out of what I have ONLY, which is why Ephant Mon isn't there.):
    1. Republic Gunship.
    2. Trash Compactor Sets.
    3. Dagobah X-Wing/Nexu. (Just can't choose! )

Least:
    1. Arena Padme. Obvious reasons.
    2. Jango Pilot. I like him but he's just kind of boring. I get every Jango though.
    3. Jango Final Battle, not because I dislike the figure but because it's the ONE THING keeping my WM from getting new figures!
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

Mixed feelings.

I am not sure since it was the saga line that had me hang up collecting for a while. I guess the biggest complaint I have is when hasbro is on, they are putting stuff out like mad. And when they are off, there is nothing to be found. I hate that. 1 million Orn fre taa, but not one Aayla Secura.

Favorites: Chewbacca with 3po, Ephant Mon and Bespin Luke.

Hate: Orn fre taa, screaming mace, and generic endor trooper!

Over all, I just want some figures. That is it plain and simple. I want to go to my local target and get what I want with plenty left over for every one else. I enjoyed that last year at this time. On the first day of releases I got everything that I wanted, and it was like that for a while. By the time Christmas hit...nothing. And it has been that was since. So it is just business as usual, and I have a feeling the collecting bug won't stay with me very long.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

I strongly agree with TheDarthVader except for really 1 thing:

"Hey DV, what's wrong with Padme Coruscant's figure?" (the pilot) one?

That's a good figure, isn't it? [I haven't had to open mine due to lack of room to recreate that scene so far].

The only bad thing about her I can think of, is she pegwarms. That doesn't make her a bad figure, though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It's been a prety good line. It's been a hassle to collect them, and they seem to be harder and harder to get (any chance you could FIX that Hasbro?). Anyways...

FAVORITES: Ephant Mon, Yoda Jedi Master, Count Dooku, Bespin Luke, Rebel Trooper, Imperial Officer, Endor Rebel Soldier, Anakin Hanger Duel, Padme Droid Factory Chase, Kamino Escape Jango, Republic Gunship, TIE Bomber, Tusken Raider w/ base, 12" Ultimate Jango Fett and 12" Count Dooku.

HATE! Mace Windu Geonosian, Arena Padme, Pleasant Anakin, 12" Padme, 12" Anakin and Reek.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I like the figure in regard to overall detail. What I DON'T like are the whacky poses and the "action" gimmicks. Those completely ruin the long-term playability or interest of the figure.

Overall I'm not completely disappointed by the line. My one wish... create a neutrally posed figure first and then create the same figure in action poses down the line.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I am overall very happy with the SAGA line. Many of the negatives I have for it are the result of the stregth of the POTJ line, and Hasbro's seeming unwillingness to recognize what makes a GREAT figure.

That being said I have like just about all of the new figures - and am especially happy with the OT releases (Chewie, Luke, Vader, Han).

Overall, I am not very pelase with the action features. I am also becoming increqasingly frsutrated with Hasbros distribution. Finally, the flimsy plastic used for accessories, and figures (see below) is crazy.

My least favorite is the Battle Droid. Many times before I've ranted about this one. The inferior plastic used for this figure makes it a waste. There was no need to adjust it from the original EPI release.

Now Padme Arena and Anakin OPD are also real gems in the world of bad figures. But having a 6 year old has taught me that these are in fact very popular.

New figs are always a good thing - so I say GRRRREAT!