Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wolverines Revenge

So anyone play this yet? I was thinking about picking it up but haven't heard much about it yet. Looks like it could be pretty cool.

Is this game worth the $$$ ?

Diehard Wolvie fans may have fun with it, but to be honest I've heard nothing but overwhelmingly negative reviews of this game!
    I'd play a demo or try it at a friend's house before I bought it.

Wow, thanks for the info. I'll definitely wait until I get to try it now. (there's plenty of other stuff to get anyway )

I am a pretty big Wolvie fan, but don't have any need for crappy games. Thats for sure!

Oh no, a game based on a popular movie! Those usually are terrible. Wonder if it will be better than that Blade video game.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yeah, you're right. I guess I was kinda hoping things would turn around. After all, the Indiana Jones game is pretty damn cool!

Who knows, maybe things will get better for Movie based games someday. The Matrix looks like it might be kinda cool, hope that's not trash too.......

Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb? Yes, that is a damn good game, but it was made as its own game, not simply a half-assed quick cash-in to tie in with an upcoming movie.

I found it at Costco the other night for $12.89! Since I found Bounty Hunter there a week ago for the same price, that makes two super bargains on games most people hated, but I'm loving so far!

Despite the name and the cover photo of Hugh Jackman, there is pretty much nothing to do with the movie franchise. It's straight-up comic book Wolvie here. After only an hour of playing around (I've not saved it yet until I get the hang of the game or get far enough to justify it), I've unlocked two costumes: the really doofy Ultimate X-Men duds and the "movie-inspired but cooler" Grant Morrison New X-Men costume. (I think I'll have more fun tracking down the costumes than actually playing the game itself! )

Has anyone unlocked all the costumes yet? I'm curious as to what they all are. I obviously know of the two I've got already, and the packaging indicates the movie costume is somewhere. The famous yellow-and-brown and the tiger-striped outfits are pretty much given. So what else? I'm hoping for the fur-lined leather coat, the X-Men uniform (which he only wore on a mission to the Shi'ar in Uncanny 274-277, but it looks awesome), and (dare I dream?) the "Patch" disguise.

Of course, without having played all the way through, I'm not certain how Jubilee will end up saving the day in the end, but that's the real given.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So far I found 4 costumes latest being the classic yellow and blue one.

I haven't finished it as I am totally absorbed into NHL 2004.

I picked it up at a Blockbuster in the used bin for $10.
    It's pretty fun actually, but I don't think I would have paid full or even half price for it.

Mark Hamill makes a pretty good Wolverine though.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

NHL 2004- Now there's a game! The Red Wings are awesome on there. I just wish Pavel Datsyuk was better reflected.

Yup NHL 2004 is pretty cool, I just wish the scoring was a little more realistic.

I'm 30 games into my season and there are already 10 guys with over 100 points.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!