Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not enough characters to last until 2005?!

I cannot seem to find the original thread, but at some point it was suggested that if Hasbro kept it up, they would run out of characters to make figures of even before the 2005 release of Episode III! I pointed out at the time that there was more than an ample supply available. Well, I got tired of researcihng, so here is an initial list, in no particular order. That is, except in as much as much-needed "resculpts" are listed first, followed by originals. Bear in mind that I do not consider a Dagobah R2 to be a resculpt. A resculpt is a version of a figure we've already seen, just poorly realized and remade (as with the Rebel Fleet Trooper). Also, I have little knowledge of nor use for the Expanded Universe, so I have made no effort in that arena, but if this post suggests anything, throwing EU characters into the mix just further proves that Hasbro won't be running out of material any time soon. And with Episode II poised to give us multiple variations and new characters galore, well, you get the idea.

Resculpts:
    Uncle Owen, Dr. Evezan, Gamorrean Guard, Han (Hoth), Death Star Trooper, Emperor's Royal Guard, Couruscant Guard, R5-D4, General Veers, Lobot, Luke (Dagobah), Han (Stormtrooper).

Originals:
    General Dodonna, Chief Chirpa, Hem Dazon, Rep Teers, Yaddle, Myo, General Madine, Torynn Farr, Major Bren Derlin, Wald, Kitster, Hermie Odle, Weequay Skiff Pilot, Even Piel, Oppo Rancisis, Dice Ibegon, General Riekeen, Depa Bilaba, Kitik Keed Kak, R-3PO Ben Quadineros, Ratts Tyrell, R2-D2 (Sail Barge), R2-D2 (Dagobah), Tonnika Sisters, Twilek Massuese Saitor Kal Fasss, Baniss Keeg, Wioslea, R1-A6, Bubo, Yarna Dal Garga, Yoxgit, Geezum, J'quille, Naboo Pilot, Daultry Dofine, Ad-Rev, Nute Gunray (Walking Throne), Captain Antilles, Orn Free Ta, Padme (Handmaiden), Handmaiden (Purple gown), Boles Roor, Neva Kee, Queen Amidala (Return to Naboo), Queen Amidala (Palpatine's Office), Queen Amidala (Victory Celebration), Arlel Schous, Djas Puhr, Woof, Elis Helrot, Fetepern Trevagg, Danz Borin, Lirin Carin, Herat, Sergeant Doallyn, R5-A2, Cloud Car Pilot, Bom Vimdiin, Brainiac, Melas, Leesub Sarin, Rycar Ryjed, Yerka Mig, Mosep, Dannik Jerriko, Solomahal, Swilla Corey, Trinto Duaba, Garuf Lafoe, Mars Guo, Deluxe Death Star Gunner w/gun, Dud Bolt, Reeyesk, Nimbarel, Treva Horme, Wiorkettle, BG-J38, Jess, Loje Nella, Sic-Six, Fozec, Shasaa Tiel, Tanus Spijek, Beedo, CZ-4, Tawss Khaa, Umpass-stay, Rappertunie, Sate Pestage, Ark "Bumpy" Roose, Warok, Ewok w/Wokling, C-3PO (Ewok Deity), the other Imperial Dignitary, different ethnicity Bespin Security, Naboo Royal Security, & Naboo Royal Guard, additinal Ewoks, Jawas, and Ugnaughts, the Trade Federation pilot, Female Mon Calimari Officer, Trade Federation Clean-Up Droids, the list goes on and on...

Factor in EU characters and "unseen screen" characters (like Biggs and Cammie) and you have no short supply of characters to cull for future reference. If Hasbro takes its cues from Playmates' Simpsons line, why not just make everybody!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

and I would buy every one of them!
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Originally posted by Sith Worm
    and I would buy every one of them!
    I would too, or at least every one I could get my hands on.

Hardly any main characters,Hasbro wouldn't do this without main characters...
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

I don't think we have anything to worry about. They won't run out. Oh and I will be all of those mentioned and more.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

If they do run out they'll just do what they always do. Make re-sculpts.

Not to mention all the characters from Episode II and Episode III

Luke: Tatooine poncho, recovery on medical frigate
    Han: ceremonial, Endor without coat, ATST driver desguise
    Leia : on medical frigate
    Lando: disco vest, celibration
    Vader: knealing in front of holo. emperor (possible deluxe)
    I'm not saying these are good ideas, but these and even more obscure variations of the main characters are possible. This line can keep going as long as Hasbro doesnt mess with price and throw in to many attack r2's and training ob1's that had nothing to do with the films. I wish they could eleminate the pack-ins to keep prices down. I still cant figure out how Hasbro can sell one lowsy Star Wars figure with little articulation and a stupid piece of paper for the same amount as 2 GI Joes with a bunch of accessories and 10 points of articulation. I got way off topic!
    Like my dad always said, "Be original son. Dont quote someone else."

Bear in mind that Bubb Fatt has long wanted a AT-ST Driver Disguise Han Solo, with "cover the face" articulation. But perhaps we have neglected:

Shot in the Arm Endor Poncho Leia
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

and then they will still have every person in the backround of the movies.....guards........and even more useless people
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda