Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Is it just me or does this guy look like a kit bashed Clone Trooper with a Sandtrooper pauldron, a Snowtrooper waistcoat and the Fett's viewfinder and forearm gadgets?!?!

Personally, I think the waistcoat and forearm gadgets were a little over the top.

So what does everyone else think of this new Trooper?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arctrooper1.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	5797  
    May the force be with you.

WHAT in SAM HELL is THAT?? Since when do the clones wear Kilts? and the range finder?? Whats HASBRO thinking? lets take a lil bit from each character and roll out a NEW clone.. I dont get it.. Maybe its an EVIL clone who beats up Boba Fett, and takes his dads stuff from him..

Personally I think its over the top like you said..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Acually I think it's kinda neat looking, like a special ops group or something like that...
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

I think I have a "love/hate" relationship with this one. I'll find out which side wins when I actually see the thing carded. Picturing it with the new CW carding, I think I might just have to pick him up...the card is busy looking, the trooper is busy looking...it'll make for a good wall piece

IMO, I do think the trooper wouldn't be SO bad if they took off the viewfinder.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Love/Hate?

Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
    I think I have a "love/hate" relationship with this one. I'll find out which side wins when I actually see the thing carded. Picturing it with the new CW carding, I think I might just have to pick him up...the card is busy looking, the trooper is busy looking...it'll make for a good wall piece

IMO, I do think the trooper wouldn't be SO bad if they took off the viewfinder.
    Sure D, If I know you, you'll be buying two or three with out a doubt. I'll be buying at least two if you'd be so kind as to pick them up for me.LOL
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I like the looks of the ARC Trooper a lot. Certainly not our usual bag of SW toys, but variety is good.

Re: Love/Hate?

Originally posted by brandon
    Sure D, If I know you, you'll be buying two or three with out a doubt. I'll be buying at least two if you'd be so kind as to pick them up for me.LOL
    Hahahha. . .damnit, you know me to well! 2 ARC troops, CHECK! Mental list updated

Can't wait to see the new packaging up close and personal!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

It has an odd appeal to it. I kinda like it. The morwe Ilook at it it grows on ya. I will pick it up without a second thought.

And DNA as long as your buying I take 37 of em.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The things I don't like about it are the Mandalorian and Snowtrooper elements. Shows a full lack of originality, even more so than just the Stormtrooper/Mandalorian combination of the original Clone Trooper armor. The pauldron and gun is reasonable, but I especially hate the way they're portrayed in the comics. They're really taking the Clone Wars thing way too far, Durge and the ARC Trooper are evidence of that. I really hope neither of these are chosen by Lucas to be canon like Aayla Secura.

But I digress.

The figure itself looks interesting, and I wouldn't mind an army of'em, however the thing that's really dissapointing is the lack of articulation, it appears to just have basic articulation, if even that with the skirt..
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I like it, I see nothing wrong with combining the best parts of other figures to make one bad-*** figure. Then again, it wasn't Hasbro that designed it, it comes from the comic book. But I do wish it was a little more war-torn or dirty. The thing has supposed to have been through rigourus training and warfare.
    Powdered Toast Man!