Is Mace Windu a traitor to the Jedi?
- His lightsaber blade is purple, a combination of blue (a standard light-side lightsaber color) and red (the standard Sith color). Samuel Jackson has been quoted as saying that this color distinction is significant. His lightsaber style is a very aggressive one, "bordering on the Dark Side," which he developed in conjunction with another Jedi who DID fall to the Dark Side.
- He was the one who led 200 Jedi to Geonosis, to be slaughtered by Dooku's Battle Droids (less than 20 survived the massacre). Why send 200 Jedi to rescue 2? He also refused to surrender to Dooku despite being impossibly outnumbered - if not for the intervention of Yoda and the clone army, the rest would likely have been wiped out as well.
- A Jedi erased the planet Kamino from the Jedi Archives - it would have to have been a highly-placed Jedi to have accomplished this with no one finding out.
- He was the Jedi to make the final decision on Anakin not being trained by the Jedi Council - was he saving him for Palpatine, or perhaps just thwarting the "chosen one" from his destiny?
- He ordered Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to take Amidala back to Naboo, where Darth Maul was waiting for them - was he sending them to their deaths to get Qui-Gon out of the way?
- He sent Anakin to Palpatine to request him to convince Amidala to leave the capital - leaving the path clear for Palpatine to manipulate the adleminded Jar-jar into proposing emergency powers for the Chancellor.
- He defends Dooku to Amidala, saying that despite his leaving the Jedi Order, assassination is "not in his character" - despite evidence that Dooku is bringing the galaxy to the brink of war. He also looks very pensive at the end of the conversation, as if he is hiding something. Dooku often calls him "my old Jedi friend" is it possible they are still working together?
- He wanted to reveal to the Senate that the Jedi's foresight was being clouded by the Dark Side- as Yoda says, this will (obviously) have disasterous consequences if the galaxy were to learn this.
- He personally Killed Jango Fett during the Geonosis battle - Fett was the only person who could have connected Dooku to the Kamino Cloners, and knew him as Darth Tyrannus. This occured after Kenobi found out about Fett and the clone army, and reported those findings to Windu and Yoda.
- The clone army was ordered by Jedi Master Sifo Dias - but was ordered after Dias had been killed. Was it Windu who ordered it in his name? He is very quick to deny Obi-Wan's question as to whether the Jedi was involved in the procurement of the clone army. It's also possible that Sifo Dias was assassinated in order to accomplish this, a task which would have been very difficult for a non-Jedi.
- Lucas has hinted that one of the Jedi would betray the rest - most assume that this was Anakin, but perhaps he was referring to someone else?