Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Darth Windu?

  1. #1

    Question Darth Windu?

    DARTH WINDU?

    Is Mace Windu a traitor to the Jedi?

    - His lightsaber blade is purple, a combination of blue (a standard light-side lightsaber color) and red (the standard Sith color). Samuel Jackson has been quoted as saying that this color distinction is significant. His lightsaber style is a very aggressive one, "bordering on the Dark Side," which he developed in conjunction with another Jedi who DID fall to the Dark Side.
    - He was the one who led 200 Jedi to Geonosis, to be slaughtered by Dooku's Battle Droids (less than 20 survived the massacre). Why send 200 Jedi to rescue 2? He also refused to surrender to Dooku despite being impossibly outnumbered - if not for the intervention of Yoda and the clone army, the rest would likely have been wiped out as well.
    - A Jedi erased the planet Kamino from the Jedi Archives - it would have to have been a highly-placed Jedi to have accomplished this with no one finding out.
    - He was the Jedi to make the final decision on Anakin not being trained by the Jedi Council - was he saving him for Palpatine, or perhaps just thwarting the "chosen one" from his destiny?
    - He ordered Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to take Amidala back to Naboo, where Darth Maul was waiting for them - was he sending them to their deaths to get Qui-Gon out of the way?
    - He sent Anakin to Palpatine to request him to convince Amidala to leave the capital - leaving the path clear for Palpatine to manipulate the adleminded Jar-jar into proposing emergency powers for the Chancellor.
    - He defends Dooku to Amidala, saying that despite his leaving the Jedi Order, assassination is "not in his character" - despite evidence that Dooku is bringing the galaxy to the brink of war. He also looks very pensive at the end of the conversation, as if he is hiding something. Dooku often calls him "my old Jedi friend" is it possible they are still working together?
    - He wanted to reveal to the Senate that the Jedi's foresight was being clouded by the Dark Side- as Yoda says, this will (obviously) have disasterous consequences if the galaxy were to learn this.
    - He personally Killed Jango Fett during the Geonosis battle - Fett was the only person who could have connected Dooku to the Kamino Cloners, and knew him as Darth Tyrannus. This occured after Kenobi found out about Fett and the clone army, and reported those findings to Windu and Yoda.
    - The clone army was ordered by Jedi Master Sifo Dias - but was ordered after Dias had been killed. Was it Windu who ordered it in his name? He is very quick to deny Obi-Wan's question as to whether the Jedi was involved in the procurement of the clone army. It's also possible that Sifo Dias was assassinated in order to accomplish this, a task which would have been very difficult for a non-Jedi.
    - Lucas has hinted that one of the Jedi would betray the rest - most assume that this was Anakin, but perhaps he was referring to someone else?
    Sleeper6

  2. #2

    Re: Darth Windu?

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - His lightsaber blade is purple, a combination of blue (a standard light-side lightsaber color) and red (the standard Sith color). Samuel Jackson has been quoted as saying that this color distinction is significant. His lightsaber style is a very aggressive one, "bordering on the Dark Side," which he developed in conjunction with another Jedi who DID fall to the Dark Side.
    If a purple lightsaber symbolises a traitor I doubt Windu would be stupid enough to use it. As soon as a Jedi sees it there would be some suspicions.

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - He was the one who led 200 Jedi to Geonosis, to be slaughtered by Dooku's Battle Droids (less than 20 survived the massacre). Why send 200 Jedi to rescue 2? He also refused to surrender to Dooku despite being impossibly outnumbered - if not for the intervention of Yoda and the clone army, the rest would likely have been wiped out as well.
    He took 200 Jedi because he knew there was a droid army there, plus probably knew that the Geonosins were fighters too. He knew the Trade Federation, Commerce Guild and Banking Clan were all there so probably had a strong, powerful army. I doubt 2 Jedi could rescue Obi-Wan (they didn't even know Anakin and Padmé where there).
    Mace Windu is a Jedi, he would never surrender to the dark side. He is a hero, that's why he didn't surrender. He, and the other Jedi, would have been prepared to die.

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - A Jedi erased the planet Kamino from the Jedi Archives - it would have to have been a highly-placed Jedi to have accomplished this with no one finding out.
    It could have been Dooku, or Sifo-Dyas (he was once on the council).

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - He was the Jedi to make the final decision on Anakin not being trained by the Jedi Council - was he saving him for Palpatine, or perhaps just thwarting the "chosen one" from his destiny?
    He wasn't the only one who thought he shouldn't be trained. Yoda and Ki-Adi-Mundi also had their concerns, as well as other members of the council. It wasn't Mace's decision (although he may have agreed) for Anakin not to be trained, it was the decision of the council.

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - He ordered Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to take Amidala back to Naboo, where Darth Maul was waiting for them - was he sending them to their deaths to get Qui-Gon out of the way?
    Mace did not known that Maul was there! Plus he was sending them back to protect Amidala, she was going back anyway so would have been killed/captured by Maul if the Jedi weren't there.

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - He sent Anakin to Palpatine to request him to convince Amidala to leave the capital - leaving the path clear for Palpatine to manipulate the adleminded Jar-jar into proposing emergency powers for the Chancellor.
    Mace doesn't know that Palpatine is a bad guy, plus he didn't know that Padmé was going to leave Jar Jar in charge.

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - He defends Dooku to Amidala, saying that despite his leaving the Jedi Order, assassination is "not in his character" - despite evidence that Dooku is bringing the galaxy to the brink of war. He also looks very pensive at the end of the conversation, as if he is hiding something. Dooku often calls him "my old Jedi friend" is it possible they are still working together?
    There was no evidence that Dooku was bringing the galaxy to the brink of war. They probably knew Dooku was creating a separatist movement, but had no idea that he would be creating an army to conquer the Republic. As far as Mace knew, Dooku was still a good guy, still a believer in the Jedi Order, and would not assassinate someone.
    If Dooku and Mace were working together that wouldn't be "Old Friends". Dooku is merely stating that they were friends long time ago.

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - He wanted to reveal to the Senate that the Jedi's foresight was being clouded by the Dark Side- as Yoda says, this will (obviously) have disasterous consequences if the galaxy were to learn this.
    Windu just hadn't thought of the consequences. If he really wanted their enemies to multiply then he would have told the senate himself, and not told Yoda, who would obviously think of the consequence and stop it.

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - He personally Killed Jango Fett during the Geonosis battle - Fett was the only person who could have connected Dooku to the Kamino Cloners, and knew him as Darth Tyrannus. This occured after Kenobi found out about Fett and the clone army, and reported those findings to Windu and Yoda.
    Jango Fett was fighting for Dooku and probably would have known Mace was one of them, so probably wouldn't have attacked. If he didn't know and still attacked Mace probably wouldn't have killed him because they need him for the clone army. Just because Jango knows of Tyranus and the Clone army doesn't mean he had to get rid of him.

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - The clone army was ordered by Jedi Master Sifo Dias - but was ordered after Dias had been killed. Was it Windu who ordered it in his name? He is very quick to deny Obi-Wan's question as to whether the Jedi was involved in the procurement of the clone army. It's also possible that Sifo Dias was assassinated in order to accomplish this, a task which would have been very difficult for a non-Jedi.
    Dooku was a Jedi, Palpatine is a sith. They could have very easily taken out Dyas. Windu was probably quick to deny the Jedi had anything to do with it, because he probably didn't think they did (which they didn't).

    Originally posted by Sleeper6
    - Lucas has hinted that one of the Jedi would betray the rest - most assume that this was Anakin, but perhaps he was referring to someone else?
    He may have been referring to Dooku. He was a Jedi, and he betrayed the other Jedi.

    I think there is a possibility of a traitor in the Jedi Council, but only for the reason that there was a poll on StarWars.com which asked people if they thought there was a traitor. I think Mace is probably the person that everyone will be looking at, we know it's not Yoda, and Mace is the other in the Council that is known just as well, however I don't think there is enough evidence to convict Mace yet, and I especially don't think any of the points you said are enough to say he is a traitor.

    PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

  3. #3
    THANKS PENDO!! THANKS for shooting those great points all to hell!


    and that is ALL sarcasim..


    seriously great points - great counter points!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

  4. #4
    The Only "real" reason Mace's saber is purple is because that is Sam Jacksons' favorite color and asked George for it! I think that it is shown in the 'action' documentary on the dvd.

    As far as the movie goes, you guys are right in that A Jedi is suppossed to betray the Jedi, we already know that Anakin will, and Dooku has, now wether another Jedi will, we'll have to wait and see; but this argument has gone back and forth for awhile now, and I am personally in favor of it! It would fit Jackson's stereotypical roles as the 'bad-arse mudda-fudda' rolls he has been typecast as in Hollywood!
    Also, the official site asked a poll question not long ago about a suprise ending or does there need to be a shocking twist(something like that) and It was voted for in much favor, so it might be concievable that George would listen to the fans again, and create some twist like this! If he wanted to go in that direction, I don't think it would be that much of a stretch to write, seeing as there could be some scenes or events in the first two movies that could be construed as setups to a Windu betrayal! Also, it would make good fodder for Palpatine to use so Anakin would not further trust the Jedi, and help in turning him to the darkside!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

  5. #5
    I'm all for Sammy being a "bad guy". I too have always felt like he was close with the dark side. I would not be supprised at all if we see his true "dark" nature come to light in EIII.

    Of course, I sort of feel the same way about Qui-Gon...but that is a another topic.

    You know, I have said this before, but here goes...I'm sure GL was glad to have Sam Jackson come on board as one of the Jedis in his prequal trilogy; however, from day one Jackson has said that he always wanted to be a part of the SW saga (as he loved the original trilogy). With that being said, why would GL make an exception with S. Jackson and give him a purple saber just because he wanted it? Sammy was already "gung ho" about being a part of the prequals; therefore, there was no special "bargaining" that was required in order to persuade Sammy to become part of the prequals. Point being: GL is very selective about the elements he allows into his movies...so why would he give Sammy a purple saber if it had no signifigance to the movie? GL just wouldn't do it!

    Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong.
    Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

  6. #6
    I do not know this...that is why I am asking... Is there not any other jedi (council or not) that carries a purple lightsaber?
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

  7. #7
    Originally posted by TheDarthVader
    I do not know this...that is why I am asking... Is there not any other jedi (council or not) that carries a purple lightsaber?
    I don't think so. I always thought Mace's blade was purple because he was one of the highest members of the council, so gets a special l-saber blade.

    PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

  8. #8
    Interesting. Yes, in my AOTC pictorial view book it says that he uses this color (and his hilt) because of his rank in the jedi council.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

  9. #9
    Out of curiousity, do any of the other "highest" members of the Jedi Council have "special" lightsaber blade colors? They don't really show too much in the movies. Is there any mention of the saber blade colors for other council "high members" in any of the pictorial books for TPM or AOTC?
    Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

  10. #10
    I have heard some of the same things about mace beening a bad guy. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. Either way is fine with me. I thought I heard that Samuel L. Jackson asked Lucas that his character be killed in a noble way. So maybe he is bad, but then decides to do the right thing. I guess we just have to wait like 715 days to find out.
    "I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan we meet again at last" (ANH)

    "The circle is now complete, when I left you I was but the learner now I'am the master" (ANH)

    "It would be a honor, if you would joy us" (ESB)

    "Luke help me take this mask off, (Luke but you'll die) nothing can stop that now. For once let me look on you with my own eyes" (ROTJ)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO