Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Target A-wing with Pilot Boxed Mock-up

Take a look HERE.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Well that's just darn right perdy. Hopefully these will show up in larger supply than Target's past vehicle exclusives.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

October? what the hell happened? first December 2002 then May then June now October. These hasbroken clowns wanna make up their minds. And haven't we already seen pics of a prototype box? Only difference with this one is that they used what looks like pretty pink Barbie packaging to rough it all out. Don't get what that box shape is all about though, unless it'll be printed to look like a crate or something. The A-wing as before looks sweet. The pilot is wearing the wrong uniform as he's actually a B-wing pilot and as a b-wing pilot would be wearing a grey flight suit. but let's not let flagrant negligence of detail spoil the fun.

Can't wait.... for the next reschedule of release dates.

First question: Is this the same mold as the 96 A -wing which if I remember correctly was the mold from the vintage A-wing? Just curious. The paint apps look great and the pilot looks pretty good too.

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Hopefully Target will take a clue from FAO and the shuttle and allow pre-ordering of these puppies. That way they get just enough to satisfy everyone and nothing is left clogging the shelf.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    The pilot is wearing the wrong uniform as he's actually a B-wing pilot and as a b-wing pilot would be wearing a grey flight suit.
    Actually the original fig is a Y-wing Pilot, and Ten Numb was the B-wing Pilot, they just got mixed up with their info.

The A-wing Pilots are also green, however he just has the wrong helmet. If they had given him the B-wing helmet then he would be perfectly accurate. The flight vest I think is a little off but oh well, they're pretty similar.

I hope the A-wing looks like that but it's doubtful, it's got some nice weathering and stuff to it, but since key paint detail is always lost in the translation...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I have 2 of the POTF2 versions. I doubt I'll buy one of these, unless I get if for $9.99 like I did on my 2nd B-Wing.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Looks like the person used a jedi starfighter box (kb exclusive). Is this correct?
    Also, since we are talking about A-wings, why did the original vintage A-wing have a "battery" compartment (what feature)? The clowns at hasbro thought it would be cool to add this compartment to the newer potf2 red a-wing but why? It serves no purpose! I guess they just wanted to use the same mold.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

That looks like the same helmet as the one the suicide A-wing pilot in ROTJ was wearing. The one that flew into the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer. Seems accurate to me.
    Thanks to the too numerous to list traders here who have made my collection a bit more complete!!

"Are we ashamed of our own fate, or play the fool for our own sake?"

No, they had more padded helmets instead of the more astronautish Y-Wing helmets. Here's a pic of the A-wing pilot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awingpilotscreen.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	5799  
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"