Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Walmart Clearance

A Walmart in a nearby town recently put Star Wars figures on clearance. It was not much of a sale, $4 for basic and $9 for deluxe, but maybe it will go lower soon. The local Walmart has no clearance and very few figures to clearance anyway. I realize that each Walmart makes its own policy about what, where, when to clearance.

Here is what I am wondering: Does the clearance mean that this store will stop selling Star Wars altogther, or will they get rid of these figures, then restock with newer stuff at regular price?

I have seen this happen in the past... my Wal-Mart clearanced some of the last potj figures to make room for the new ep2 figures. Odds are that your Wal-Mart is trying to clear out older figures to make room for the better selling new figures. You should keep an eye out. They should be stocking new figures soon after the clearance sell.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I too have seen this happen. My local Wal-Mart had marked down or "clearanced" some POTJ figures to $1, and the great thig was, when the newer figures started to roll in, they were also $1! I couldn't believe it. If I had known that I wouldn't be working there now, I would have bought every stinking figure instead of sharing with other people. They continued to get figures after that time though, so you should be okay.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Were the new figures also POTJ, or was this when the Saga line came in? I can understand clearancing an old line to make room for a new line, but the Saga line is still going.

They were also POTJ.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Now, if only they will lower the clearance price even more (maybe $1 - $2), then forget to change it when the new stuff comes in.....

The deluxe figs in my Wal-Mart have been 15 dollars for 2 months of clearance. I am waiting for them to go lower.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Fifteen dollars! At Walmart! On clearance! Where do you live? You must be talking about the Rodeo Drive Walmart in Beverly Hills!

I live in Va. I didn't mean deluxe, I meant 12" I was so tired when I typed that up. My bad
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Ok. $15 for deluxe figures sounded way too high, especially for a Walmart.

I think $9.99 is too high, considering what you get!