View Poll Results: Who collects the Kubricks' Star Wars?

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do!

20 7.87%
  • Not me.

137 53.94%
  • I'm thinking about it.

27 10.63%
  • I would if they weren't a Japanese Exclusive!

70 27.56%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    They are basically a pure cross between the real figs and the regular lego versions. Which is better for me because I always thought that plush toy's etc. of that nature, was demeaning to the charachter's form. I like the new Captain Kirk one.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

They're cute, but not worth more than a couple bucks each. Without question the $100 price tag is exhorbitant and unjustifiable.

Buying about 4 or 5 sets of those could instead send you to Japan, where you could by them for cheap cheap and have fun in another country at the same time.

I posted above that I like them, I did NOT however realize how much these suckers were, definitely not worth the plastic they are molded in!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

What's the deal with this $100+ price? Is that Brian's secodary markup or something? I'd read that the "early bird set" was out for around $32 originally and the bounty hunters were priced at around $6.50 each.

Again ... these Star Wars sets are a limited release thing. Most Kubricks sets are much less expensive.
    plasticfetish.net

original quote
    "What's the deal with this $100+ price? Is that Brian's secondary markup or something?"

You betcha! This price is insane! I ordered a full sealed case of 12 from a Japanese online vender and paid $98 which includes sal shipping (the quickest and most secure way to ship from Japan). By ordering a full case I'm guaranteed 1 full set, a chance to get the chase Fett, and 6 additional figures I can use for trading. These Kubricks retail for about 6.50 in Japan, keep that in mind when you see people trying to rip you off with these crazy prices.

Originally posted by harbinger
    original quote
    "What's the deal with this $100+ price? Is that Brian's secondary markup or something?"

You betcha! This price is insane! I ordered a full sealed case of 12 from a Japanese online vender and paid $98 which includes sal shipping (the quickest and most secure way to ship from Japan). By ordering a full case I'm guaranteed 1 full set, a chance to get the chase Fett, and 6 additional figures I can use for trading. These Kubricks retail for about 6.50 in Japan, keep that in mind when you see people trying to rip you off with these crazy prices.
    You have a PM!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

No interest in there little buggers at all.

By the way, whats a PM?

Private Message. Look along the bottom of the persons post. You should see a small blue/purple box with PM. You can send that person a private message.

I'm still waiting to get the 6 I won on eBay. I should have gone with the unopened case of 12 Kubricks. Oh Well.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Why the name "Kubricks"?

Sounds very un-Japanese . . .
    What am I, a Moisture Farmer, an Angry Loner or a Sith Apprentice - I can't keep up!

Re: Why the name "Kubricks"?

Originally posted by jeffonthego
    Sounds very un-Japanese . . .
    un-Japanese? What did yo want them to name them, Japabrickes?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)